Stripers on the Wood

I fished Thursday evening and didn’t get a nibble around the dam. Anybody having any luck on Lake Greenwood? I’m not marking very many out there…

We fished the bubbles thurs night and only go 1- 12" striper and a 10# cat to much moon!

I guess they got tired of the high water temps and hauled tail on up the rivers I don’t know. Went drifting for catfish Friday and Nothing.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

I know where some Stripers are being caught. A couple of friends caught 6 Friday night that yielded 60#s of fillets.

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!

I’ve never really been striper fishing, I would like to try it on Greenwood being that is just a few miles from the house. I have caught them in the river on ekom beach rd. in the spring.

6 fish and 60# fillets, not Greenwood, must have been catfish!

No sir, it was at Greenwood, and all Stripers.

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

Okay Upstate Pirate, you returned my PM to you, that you were interested in knowing where to have a chance at these fish? Please do me a favor, and report back here, since some fellow members either haven’t had the same success as my friends, who live on the lake, or, think I’m a liar?

First of all, were going to need some rain to catch these fish. No sense wasting time, when you can’t get to them, or they can’t get to the holes. These are River fish, and probably never venture into the lake at all.

Do you know where Burton’s Bend is by chance? Only because it will make my directions much easier.

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

6 fish and 60# fillets, not Greenwood, must have been catfish!

Catfish bite is good too, my friends caught 7 last Thursday night, all over 15#s. Same spot as Stripers came from, just need a little rain for more Stripers to make it up there!:smiley:

Not familiar with Burton’s bend unless it is the big bend in the Saluda where the pastures are. I can’t get my boat up in there so river fishing is out for me.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

Okay, if river fishing is out you’re going to miss out on these fish. Sorry!

So where is Burton’s bend?

You cant get there by water right now! Know a guy with a key to the gate!

Actually you don’t need to go that far up. Do you know where the house on stilts is, on the right, about 1/2 a mile above the three shallow water bouys? After the rain there this weekend, you might have a chance in a flat bottom jon boat.

Got ya! I guess now there will be 50 people there when I go. :frowning:

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

Yep. me and all my kin-folk will be hog’n the whole creek from Friday to monday:imp:

quote:
Originally posted by Upstate Pirate

Got ya! I guess now there will be 50 people there when I go. :frowning:

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

But, wait, they won’t have a key…right? I thought you couldn’t fish the rivers anyway? Sorry, but I responded with a PM to you, you responded back, saying you couldn’t fish the rivers. I also PM’d boatpoor, relaying your concerns to me. No response. Let it go Dude, we don’t own the fish, or the resource. I was kindly responding to your questions about catching Stripers on Greenwood. Now I’m the bad guy…really?

I must have missed something… What makes you the “bad guy” mixednutz? You can fish anywhere as long is you’re in the water.

60 pounds of fish I believe but not fillets. Not from greenwood. Unless they keeping the skin, red meat and belly meat.

Sorry if I made it sound like you the bad guy but I don’t see it like that… you ever down on lake greenwood give me a call, I sent my number to you…

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki