Stripers!

Time to start seeing the stripers in the upper lake coves. Gonna be pounding em this winter. Slow troll the bluebax!

They are already up there. You just have to work around the shorts to get some keepers. Seems to be about 6 shorts per keeper. Better than two years ago when it was about 50 to 1

Thanks for the news! We should be out there after Christmas weekend. I’m out of striper filets. Need to restock!

fished this am from 0700 to 1100 upper lake near the elbow. caught 12 fish with 4 being nice 6+ lb fish >22" going back in the am to try again. BEAUTIFUL morning on the water today!

Fairly new to the Striper gig. Done it a few times at the towers - freelining herring. Any different in the winter? Sounds like you guys are up on the northern part of the lake. Just looking for some winter time tips. My gills are starting to dry up.

Pluff… troll slowly along the banks in the coves in the upper lake, 1 to 2 mph with blue herring on 2/0 circle hook thru the nose. Set drag for 2 lbs, 18" flouro 12 lb leader. Werx for me everytime I go. Usually get at least two keepers.

Thanks Dilly. I heard about this umbrella rig stuff and gave it a shot a week back. no luck, but I think it was because I didnt get up to where the fish are. Had a hard time finding any bait shops on the Lexington side open early. Ended up at the dam and then drove 20 min back up to the west side landing. Only went to about mid lake. Will try to make it up to the rivers next opportunity.