Stumps on Moultrie

I know there are stumps all over the lake, but planning to go out there for the first time in a long time this weekend. Any tips on how to minimize running in to one of these? 20’ center console. TIA.

Where are you putting in? Are you fishing or joy riding?

Anytime you are in less than 6 feet of water…idle speed only with someone on the bow watching for stumps.

thanks guys…probably planning on doing a little bit of both fishing and joyriding…was going to put in next to the Berkeley Shrine Club, but not so sure that’s a good spot after reading some of the posts on here. May need to go somewhere else…

Putting in at Blacks fish camp and enjoying the diversion canal might be a safe bet if you don’t know where you are going. There are plenty of fishing spots with little to worry about hitting other than boats that are anchored down. Have fun and be safe out there.

thanks for the info timbo…I remember taking a ride out to Blacks Camp a few years back with some buddy’s on the bike…forgot all about that place.

I’ll second the advice to spend time in the canal. Water running and blues have been biting pretty decent. If you venture out the Marion end stay in the channels or go slow like “IF I hit something will I hurt my boat or my passengers” slow. One area I fish is 16-20 feet deep and loads of trees just above and just under the water. Another area is hundreds of yards from shore but quickly goes from 18 ft to 2-3 ft. Be careful, be safe, good luck.

yep, absolutely…all good advice, thanks all!!