Summertime Jet Ski Fishing

Sold my boats over the past years so I’m boat poor, but I recently purchased a bad to the bone jetski for a killer deal. I’m thinking about using it for fishing once it is outfitted correctly (cooler, rod holders, etc). I’ve watched a ton of videos, but have you guys ever personally experienced fishing off a jetski?

There’s a guy up here in Little River that has a jet ski that he fishes off of.
He’s got that thing set up. Has rod holders cooler a basket/milk crate a couple offset rod holders for trolling. A motorized stick it. I’ve talked to him several times he loves it. I’ve seen him at the general Sherman which is about 10 miles offshore. The jetties and back in the creeks.
Said he likes to fish by himself. People ask him to go fishing he just tell them I don’t have the room for you. Said the main reason he got that was it so much easier to load and unload.
Plus he can keep it in his garage because his HOA don’t allow him to have a boat in the yard.

1 Like

We have some Kayak fishermen on the site, pretty similar I would guess?

Sounds a lot like a dude that used to work for me. His Name was David Bledsoe, died of a brain tumor late 40’s. He’d fish the goose creek area and pulled it everywhere with a yellow camaro. Never kept one fish, but caught many from his pictures. He used to make me laugh with his stories of “sang” (ginseng) he’d collect and sell when he was living in Virginia as a boy.

All that aside he thought it was a blast to fish off his jet ski.