Sun Day, Sunday, Son Day

Finally made it on the creek this Sunday and what a sunny day it was! Absolutely beautiful day it was too. Kept my eyes peeled for a FlatRat but we never crossed paths… I did happen to encounter a swimming Optiker getting cooled off in the 81° current, stopped for a quick chat then to the back creeks we went. Bait was tougher than usual to get and only ended up with 3 finger mullet that didnt got through the little net and one horse mullet. Cut up the horse and soaked the lives and all of it got attention. If it was a tourney day we would have had a good chance as they all seemed to be line painters or close to it. The bait went quicker than it came and it was a good couple of hours. I did manage to not paint anymore Sunday but I did go clean up my moms yard some and planted a few flowers for her too. So, it was a good day even though I got a little more sun than my back wanted!

Thats not my usual stupid look on my face, I was watching the wifes rod buckle over, it was on!

20230626_065954

5 Likes

Always good to see you Stump! Here I am cooling off with my HS buddy Scott when a boat comes idling by. I yell “Stump!” and your wife starts laughing :slight_smile: That dip in the water felt really good…
Till next time my friend

Well Stump I fish GC on yesterday and done pretty good for the few hours I was out. Only fished a small segment of the river but the trout and flounder bite was good. You guys must’ve been up river.

2 Likes

Nice Fish!!!

An Optiker illusion while idling through the Stump field…while Fatrat, Meshack, and Abindigo all were cruising around on the sabboth! All I can say is these 3 members had that section of water sowed up tight, wasn’t any fish getting by their boat!

Good looking reds!

Looks like y’all had a blast…
I forget what officials like if it wasn’t for y’all.