Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for sharing.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Look at all that fly tying material …

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Back in the 1970s-80s, there was a peacock that lived in the Farmfield / Parkwood Estates neighborhoods (West Ashley, Charleston). He was kinda’ shy, but it was not uncommon to see him sitting on top of a house or strolling through a back yard for years. Rumor was that it was old and had escaped from the zoo that used to be in Hampton Park.

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane701

Look at all that fly tying material …

:imp:

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

If he doesn’t stop screeching all night you all may get some fly tying material…

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

If he doesn’t stop screeching all night you all may get some fly tying material…

A lady here at work moved to the local lake and was so excited explaining what they had at their new house and the neighbors had peacocks that they were super excited about. I told her the same thing, just wait until you’re there long enough to recognize the noise drives you insane…

I think you’ve got to hit them in the head like a turkey…

BG

Thinking about firing up the smoker this weekend… will need to brine for a while. Heard they could be dry.

Bacon wrapping helps too.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

We have some roaming around behind our house that one of the neighbors down the road has. It freaked my wife out the first time she heard someone yelling help, help over and over coming from the swamp. I laughed pretty hard over that one!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Wow, those pictures are stunning!

quote:
It freaked my wife out the first time she heard someone yelling help, help over and over coming from the swamp. I laughed pretty hard over that one!

Funny you mention that. You don’t live down the street from me, do you?

I’ve got a neighbor who has a pair of white ones and they are seriously noisy, and roam all over the woods.
Recently we had a new neighbor move in down the road, not familiar with the fowls.

I was outside working a boat a couple of weeks ago, ripping some mahogany strips. Every time I ripped a board the birds would scream for help. Shortly, 2 county patrol cars came roaring into the yard with lights flashing. I thought they had finally come for me :smiley: They told me they had a 911 call for a lady screaming for help in the woods and they had heard it their selves. They knew it was on my property somewhere and was wanting to search my house.

I tried explaining to them it was just the peafowls, but they didn’t buy that. They searched my house and shop and found no lady in distress anywhere. I told the officers I could make her scream again if they wanted to find her. So I fired up the saw and ripped another board, and sure enough she screamed again. Then I walked them down the drive and pointed out the pair sitting up in a pine tree.

They felt a little foolish I think, but I couldn’t really blame them. City boys, never heard a peacock before :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Small craft surveying and repair

quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott

Back in the 1970s-80s, there was a peacock that lived in the Farmfield / Parkwood Estates neighborhoods (West Ashley, Charleston). He was kinda’ shy, but it was not uncommon to see him sitting on top of a house or strolling through a back yard for years. Rumor was that it was old and had escaped from the zoo that used to be in Hampton Park.

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

Oh yeah! I think we lost him after Hugo. Or maybe that was when he showed up, just after Hugo. In any case, he was a fixture on porch roofs and yards for many years.

No, Cracker Larry, I don’t live down the street from you, but that is a funny story. I grew up having them and guineas running around the yard. I’ve never heard of anybody calling the cops over one, though.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I have three feathers if some one wants a couple