Sunglasses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RTD7250II

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by claim

They pretty much block all glare but without giving you raccoon eyes

No raccoon eyes? I’m probably missing something, but I would be concerned about glasses that didn’t give me raccoon eyes. What are the blocking?

Oh you know…dark tan on the face except around the eyes…

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:

Yeah, I know what raccoon eyes are... I'm saying that if glasses aren't keeping the sun from cooking your face, then are you sure they are working?

Having owned cheap ones that cost $30 and expensive oakley and costas, I’ll pay more for the expensive stuff. As long as you don’t lose them, you’re money ahead. They simply last longer. They resist scratches better. The clarity is better ten fold. I just ordered a pair of costas for $80 shipped. I found this link in the Bonzo’s bargain forum. Hopefully it’s legit. If not my CC company will be getting a call.
http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-cache/shop-costa-on-sale

I think they ended up being about $15-20 cheaper than the lowest price i could find online. Only good for the next 10 hours.

I like my oakleys the best. I paid $30 for a set on eBay(used) that I’ve had before. I had an extra set of lenses. And they came with several sets. I lost my old ones flipping a kayak. I’d take oakleys over costas for durability, Costa for warranty and better lenses for fishing. Oakley’s are better for all around outdoor use. Sports, driving, etc. But I like the Costa’s on the water.

10% of the people catch 90% of the fish.

Steepandcheap is legit… I’ve ordered stuff from there before.

also check out this site. i bought a pair of costas on there for 49.99 with coupon, they had the 400g lenses but were well worth it.

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Don’t make me backhand the Costas off your face!!!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I’ve heard that if you get into a tickle fight or even a scuffle with another guide and your costas are damaged, Costa has a better warranty

Oh, no you didn’t!

Lol

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

My daughter and son in law went on a trip to China and brought me back a pair of Oakleys that plainly say “Made in USA”. I just don’t trust those to block out anything !

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Yeah, I know what raccoon eyes are... I'm saying that if glasses aren't keeping the sun from cooking your face, then are you sure they are working?

Gotcha. The Vistana’s fit snug at the eyebrow and when I smile, my cheeks touch the bottom of the frame, but I can almost fit a finger under the bottom of the frame - it does allow for ventilation and probably some light. My raccoon eyes are not that pronounced…but I’ve got 'em too.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC