Sunny vs overcast?

Went out yesterday, couple hours after low tide. Water was clear, 50ish. Very active, above and below slot reds, some small sleepy trout. Went out again this morning, same timeframe and location, very little action. Saw big reds moving but could not coax a bite. 1 little red, 1 little trout.

1 Like

What River were you in? That’s some clean water there

Off the Wando, Nowell creek. Yes, it’s been pretty clear for the last month.

I have been in Nowell creek, never seen it that clear. Almost like sight fishing.

thanks for the report KC. I was there 2 weeks ago with no love but i think i waited to late, as the water was already up in the grass. I’m dying to go back out. hopefully next weekend, but i’ll be killin it in the Ashley.

1 Like

Funny thing happened the other week fishing, every time the sun would poke out from behind the clouds, one of us would get a bite! not like every single time, but enough for us to notice…

1 Like

KC, not just sun vs cloudy days… Barometric Pressure plays a roll as well. I always went the falling for fishing and rising for riding. Low pressure go deep, High pressure they are all over. My 2 cents. You have those days you can do no wrong, and others where even the best of the best get skunked. Except Fat Rat. I think he could catch a fish when no one else can.

this might not be true, but I was told by an old friend that due to the swelling and shrinking of a fishes swim bladder they do not bite well on rapid rise or falling pressures and it doesn’t matter high or low pressure as long as it is stabilized. ?? Not sure if many guides still do it, but you used to see your really dedicated fishermen keep a Journal and record everything… Temp, Pressure, Tide phase, moon phase, time of day, etc…

I’ve fished during rain and actually had an increase in bites from time to time. Salt and fresh. And like Stump said… Sun peeking out has caused a little success for me as well.

That water clarity looks like what you see around HH. Beautiful fish.

1 Like

I wish I was Fat Rat’s son

1 Like

Put that back on the hook, maybe even twist the tail a little while you do…