Super deal at Kmart

Was browsing Savannah Hwy Kmart during my lunch hour today and rifled through the fishing rod section (what a jumbled mess it is). Happened upon three uglysticks, two had no price tag and one had a $13.99 sticker. So I decided to self scan the price tags to see if there was an ‘unadvertised’ sale or computer error. Two of the rods went for 39.99 and 49.99. But the $13.99 didn’t scan at all. Took it to a sales lady and asked her whats up. She scanned it with her register and it popped $9.97. I didn’t say another word and bought it on the spot. Kmart got tooked.

My guess is that rod goes for around $50, and I got it for $10. And it is by birthday next month. woohoo.

Sorry penny, I did think of you and looked for more, didn’t find any.

j

“I’ve said my peace and counted to three”

go up to the one in north charleston and you can find the same things there. I bought a fin-nor 9ft surf rod for $7 back in the spring.

Bought a small air compressor (2hp / 7 gallon, I think) for about $30 at K-Mart last year.

There are some good deals to be had, but it’s always depressing walking around a K-Mart.

Needed a new battery on the quick this past weekend and the wife went to the K-mart on 17 for me. Bought a 24 series marine battery, not gel, for $37. Didn’t want anything fancy as it was for giggin lights, but that was a good deal. She got there just before they closed and the clerk was ready to close. My wife even said that the price was not the same as listed, but the lady didn’t care. Said that it must be her lucky day. Saved about $50 or so.

I think K-mart and wal-mart get a lot of the mess ups for real cheap.

thanks to JISUHO I picked up two halogen lights for gigging today for $2.00:smiley:…thanks mark!!

psssttt…donnies going to the races saturday…we should go super sleuthing at the kmarts:wink:

miss’n fish’n
212 SEAHUNT

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

thanks to JISUHO I picked up two halogen lights for gigging today for $2.00:smiley:…thanks mark!!

psssttt…donnies going to the races saturday…we should go super sleuthing at the kmarts:wink:

miss’n fish’n
212 SEAHUNT

Penny, tell me more about these lights.

You are welcome babe! I was in Beaufort today and swung by the Kmart there, just to see if I could find similar deals. No such luck. Those folks there are on top of it pretty good. The Savannah Hwy Kmart just doesn’t have a good hold on what costs what in their store. (And I ain’t about to tell them either)

j

“I’ve said my peace and counted to three”

haha funny stuff broke a friends ugly stick he said take it to walmart and they give you a new one , i was like sheeee sh they aint takin back a broke rod took it in there and bam 7ft 1 peice intracoastal she said tay tha one get u a uglystick baby:smiley::smiley::smiley:sweet went home dug threw the garage foun an old custom ugly stick wit 2 eyes missin took it in there the next day said i stepped on it , got me another 7 1 peice intracoastal :smiley::smiley::smiley: walmart got tooked :stuck_out_tongue: but this is the kicker went in there 2 week ago was lookin for a king outfit and there she was sittin on the shelf wit a 40$ tag on her still ugly as hell missin 2 eyes i hope some mexican buys it

I’m so Charleston i got spanish moss on my balls!!

quote:
Originally posted by Da Moons

haha funny stuff broke a friends ugly stick he said take it to walmart and they give you a new one , i was like sheeee sh they aint takin back a broke rod took it in there and bam 7ft 1 peice intracoastal she said tay tha one get u a uglystick baby:smiley::smiley::smiley:sweet went home dug threw the garage foun an old custom ugly stick wit 2 eyes missin took it in there the next day said i stepped on it , got me another 7 1 peice intracoastal :smiley::smiley::smiley: walmart got tooked :stuck_out_tongue: but this is the kicker went in there 2 week ago was lookin for a king outfit and there she was sittin on the shelf wit a 40$ tag on her still ugly as hell missin 2 eyes i hope some mexican buys it

Are you serious?

If so, I’m going to kick myself. I just threw out an Ugly Stick rod that my dog broke in half…

dead serious bo the sistas dnt give a ****

Is ripping off the big stores an ok thing to do?

yes.

so thats why those two eyes were missing on the ugly stick I

bought:roll_eyes:

bad,bad, boy…da’moons…go to your room:smiley:

miss’n fish’n
212 SEAHUNT

how is it rippin them off if it is exchanged? i think their rippin people when they were tryn to sell my old busted ass rod .

quote:
Originally posted by capntang
quote:
Originally posted by Da Moons

Are you serious?

If so, I’m going to kick myself. I just threw out an Ugly Stick rod that my dog broke in half…

give that dog a bone

I broke a Berkley Lightning Rod by slamming it in my truck door. Walked into Walmart without the rod and said “I got a fishing rod I bought here a while back. I slammed it in my truck door and broke it in…” and before I could say another word the lady said “bring it on back, we’ll exchange it for ya.” I brought it in, she put a sticker on it and told me to go pick out a new one. Said if they didn’t have the exact model anymore to bring her a similar one.

I don’t see how that’s ripping the store off. I was upfront about me breaking it. She said it mattered not.

Just last week I found at Walmart a “BUG TAMER” Jacket Mossy Oak. On the rack with a $12.00 price tag on it. So I bought it. It regularly goes for about $75.00.

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115

quote:
Originally posted by FireMedic124

Just last week I found at Walmart a “BUG TAMER” Jacket Mossy Oak. On the rack with a $12.00 price tag on it. So I bought it. It regularly goes for about $75.00.

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115

Just out of curiosity, what did it read out on the receipt? Jacket ‘Mossy Oak’? or something like Budwieser 12 Pk?