Suzuki/Johnson df70

I have a 2002 Johnson (Suzuki) df70 that has been sitting up for a long time. It was running fine when I had to stop using this. I have drained the gas tank - new fuel filter/ plugs. It is running but running rough. It seems to idle pretty well but seems like it is starving for gas at any higher rpms. I think there is a high pressure fuel filter on this motor. Anybody changed one of these. I think the manifold has to come off???

Any advice on troubleshooting or what to try next greatly appreciated.

Have you tried running some sea foam thru it yet?

Yes-I should have mentioned that

Run some more! and let it set and run some more, great stuff! Did that in an old lawnmower given to me that has’ent been cranked in years, now starts on first pull!

It ran a long time. I think I am beyond the Seafoam fix.

Chris V - is the high pressure fuel filter right below the manifold on the left of the engine?

if you have a high pressure filter issue, the symptom will most likely be it runs perfectly up to around 3000 rpms, then bogs down and wont go above that RPM.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.bombislandboats.com
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

Chris V. Where would you go next for troubleshooting. The low pressure pump? Injectors?? This is an old motor that is not used much but am trying to get it running so I can use it or trade it for something else that probably needs working on that I don’t need. Been a great boat/Motor but I have a newer model now and getting older. Can’t keep two running.

Well, I only really know how to do stuff right, one way, and thats to start at teh beginning and work my way through any problem.
compression test first
spark check second
put it under load, and then add fuel and see if it increases in rpms.
if it does, you have a fuel system problem.
then, check your fuel pressure under load.
then its time to take it all apart starting at teh fuel tank, and ending at teh injectors, and clean it all, and put it back together.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.bombislandboats.com
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING