taking parents out to dinner

Looking to take them out to a decent place to eat. Something with a variety of choices including seafood. Anyone gone out lately that can recommend something? Was thinking Wild Olive, or Brickhouse, or something downtown.

While olive is great for Italian. Angel Oak restaurant is our absolute favorite place though. West Ashley on 17 just past Main Road. They are a local menu only and get most of their menu from locally grown farms on John’s Island. Best shrimp and grits I’ve had. Casual and laid back but nice atmosphere.

Very casual but a not to miss meal, get the duck club at Tatooed Moose.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

Never tried Angel Oak, thanks for suggestion we might just do that.

California Dreaming , James Island , a little pricey but great place and very nice water scenery.

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Thought about that ,but its kinda generic. Was thinking maybe Crab House or something.

Halls Chop House…hands down

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww,now i have heard good things about Halls Chop House. …thanks everyone

Mount pleasant, Watersedge, pages okra grill. IOP, coda Del Pesca . Downtown, F I G, Trattitoria Lucca , The ordinary.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Dave’s carry-out, bottle of Boone’s Farm, and call it a day…

RBF

I’m classy 2% of the time…

And, I hope your Brother’s El Camino runs forever…

Sellsfish, I like your list of restaurants. Mike Lata of Fig, and Ken Vedrinski of Lucca are two of the best chefs Charleston has. I worked for Ken for years and remember him frequently bringing in big tubs of super fresh whole fish that just came out of the water for us to break down. I imagine some of those fish came from you. He would have everything from grouper,snapper, door mat flounder, trigger,pompano and black sea bass,all kinds of stuff. He was using some of the not so main stream fish long ago before it was “cool” or “trendy”, because it tasted good. Lucca is a bit noisy and a pain in the rear to park at, but very good tasty Italian food. He makes fresh pastas daily- from a machine and special flour imported from Italy. His risottos and homemade gnocchi are tough to beat, the real deal. He is also well known to put out some of the best “crudo” raw fish preparations in Charleston. Those two chefs eat at each others restaurants,are good friends, and have great respect for one another. They both have tremendous reputations amongst their piers and have rightfully been named not only some of the best chefs in Charleston, but some of the best in the United States. Truly very talented. 23’s wild olive choice -solid has wonderful reputation. In Mt. Pleasant- Langdons is hard to beat, had the tuna flown in from Hawaii for Mothers day and it was fantastic. Up scale restaurants, not for everyone, but for me 2 of the best Charleston has.

Runbaby , you are correct on all the information above! There are very few restaurants in Charleston that I eat at in because I have been in most every kitchen but those are two of the top shelf ones. If I want to steak I would go to halls. Patrick at Langdons also is unbelievable! Langdon’s is truly a dining experience. One of my absolute favorites is still almost unknown in the Charleston dining scene, chef Doug Blair at the Casique clubhouse on Kiawah is spectacular!

http://charlestonwineandfood.com/personalities/doug-blair/
PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Fat Hen just down from Wild Olive on John’s Is… DEFINITELY in my top 10