Tell a funny thing that happened to you in the mil

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

? funny thing, bug bit me and I scratched the bite.

Should not have posted cause I haven’t a clue where this is going. But I like Easy. Even though I’ve never met him.

Life is good.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Fred, just want to share experiences, that we look back on and smile about!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

So, you want me to start:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

So, you want me to start:question:

still not sure what you are starting on?

I can tell you a story about traveling a frozen stream and falling through the ice. Never thought I’d make it back to base alive. Got a lot of arctic stories from 5 years in N.D.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Thank you Fred. I get a kick out of you to! Got to get up early in the morning to load up for camping and fishing, so will finish later!! Be gone for 2 days, so will be interested to see the replies.

PS: I had a lot of fun in the ARMY, sometimes! You remember the good times!

I can think of several fun times. Used to fly to air shows with the B-1B as part of the support crew. We broke in Homestead and I had a 3 week vacation to rome the Keys and Miami. Part was already robbed from our 2 can birds and had to wait on Rockwell to delivere.

I remember meeting my best friend and roommate of 3 years. We both had just gotten on base and happened to be staring out the day room window at all the snow while back at home (S.C. for me and southern Alabama for Mike) everything had just turned green. All of a sudden we see a huge off white rabbit, next thing I know we are both outside chasing this thing and got it hemmed up in a softball field. We eventually catch it, kill it, and clean it in the utility closet of the dorm. Then commence to cook it in a microwave. Best friends to this day.

I also remember getting in a lot of trouble for painting Flicker-tails (little goffer things). When stuck on the alert pad for a week at the time with 6 b-1b’s fully loaded with nukes waiting for the “signal” you get bored. We would use a swivel and make a noose at the end of our fishing line and place it over their holes. Snatch, grab em, and bright green or pink paint them. release laugh and try to fish for some more. All fun and games until the Base commander sees a couple running around and starts asking questions. Seems he didn’t take it as a joke. Got a LOR for it.

No IN the mil, but WITH the MIL.

We were at Sullivan’s and I had ordered their delicious she-crab-soup.

It came to the table and poured my little cup of sherry and stirred it up and was really enjoying my soup when my mother-in-law took an interest in my soup.

“What’s that? It looks really good.”

It’s she-crab-soup, it is good.

“Can I try it?”

So without giving it much thought and looking at her spoon laying on her napkin, I put my spoon in the bowl (I’m a little OCD about putting my utensils on restaurant tables - those things are nasty) and slid my soup across the table.

Sure.

I slid my soup with my spoon to my mother-in-law and instead of picking up HER SPOON off of her napkin, she grabbed MY spoon and scooped up a hefty spoonful, stuck out her tongue which met the tip of my spoon and she shoved the spoon into her mouth.

To completely savor my soup, she tightly closed her bright red lipsticked lips around the spoon and pulled the spoon between her lips, leaving red lipstick streaks across the bowl of the spoon.

I could see it from across the table - that bright red lipstick on the spoon.

“Ooooh, this is scrumptious!” and with that she took the spoon and stirred the bowl with that spoon with the red lipstick and got another helping of soup and asked “What are those little orange things” as she repeated the tongue-tight lipped lipstick move on my spoon.

“I’ll have to get me some that!” as she slid the bowl back in front of me.

I wanted to cry. My brother-in-law was fighting back laughing. My sister-in-law was laughing. I had a lump in my throat.

If you like it, you can have my bowl. Enjoy.

Man…I’ll never forget that day.:dizzy_face:

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 21 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

quote:
I'll have to get me some that!" as she slid the bowl back in front of me.

I wanted to cry. My brother-in-law was fighting back laughing. My sister-in-law was laughing. I had a lump in my throat.

If you like it, you can have my bowl. Enjoy.

Man…I’ll never forget that day.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

LMAO :smiley::smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper