Tell me some where GOOD to eat ???

My family has owned a house at IOP since the early 70’s and we come down several times a year and have our favorite places to eat (Sullivans, RB’s, Shem Creek B & G, Bowens Island, Reds)

However down this week and kind of looking for some where “new”.’

We like GOOD fresh seafood for most part (we also eat at Melvins in Mt Pleasant)

Just like some good recommendations for some where new to try , prefer not to go into Charleston and more or less Mt Pleassant

I have noticed VIckery’s across from RB’s and wondered how it is, Wife has eaten at The Wreck a time or two and she was not too hung up on it.

Thanks ahead of time

Obstinate Daughter on Sullivans Island
Graze in Mount Pleasant

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Obstinate Daughter is great.

We ate at that Tavern and Table place on Shem Creek the other day. Atmosphere was incredible as expected and food was top notch. They had whole hogfish…woah, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Thanks, will try that one this week

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

OKRA GRILL

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

Paige’s Okra Grill near Shem Creek. It is delicious and reasonable. A pricier place but excellent is Long Island Caf? on Isle Of Palms. Long Island had my favorite seafood dinner I have ever eaten. Fried green tomatoes with raisin relish was wowie wow wow.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

A little trip up 17N to Awendaw - the Seewee Restaurant has great local seafood and homemade desserts. Not the fanciest place, but just good southern cooking.

Thanks, for some reason I have been “fighting” going to Pages Okra Grill since it opened (still think of eating breakfast there with my Dad who died 4 1/2 yrs ago at Alex’s . Dad loved to eat there before we went offshore with Capt Mark Brown on the Teaser).

Finally gave in tonight and ya’ll (and everyone else that has told me) were right on, shrimp and grits were pretty dang good. Bloody Mary’s not to the wife and I’s taste but decent

Everything looked good and was good for entire family and dang if I did not feed 6 adults on less than $100

Thanks for the heads up, will make it a regular stop now

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

If you want local and QUALITY seafood, try Kens new place on the IOP. You will not be disappointed!

Coda Del Pesce
Light-filled eatery built from reclaimed wood featuring Italian-influenced seafood & ocean views.
Address: 1130 Ocean Blvd, Isle of Palms, SC 29451
Phone:(843) 242-8570
Hours: Open today ? 5:30 ? 10:00 pm

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

The tourists love Hymans.

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Tprice, I’m guessing you’ve already eaten at the Boathouse on IOP since you have a house here and since it’s been there a long time, but just in case you haven’t, I’ve always thought it was very good.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

Somewhere “new” in Charleston area?

Try 167 Raw. Located right across the street from Harris Teeter in Charleston. The guys who started this place know their seafood. It is tiny, but if you time your meal right the seafood is some of the best I have had.

Parking is terrible - DO NOT PARK IN HARRIS TEETER - HT watches and will boot your car. Use street parking.

:smiley:

illigitimi non-carborundum . . .

quote:
Originally posted by gotchacovered

Tprice, I’m guessing you’ve already eaten at the Boathouse on IOP since you have a house here and since it’s been there a long time, but just in case you haven’t, I’ve always thought it was very good.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insuranc Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

Lee in all honesty I have NEVER eaten at the Boathouse for some reason, if I am thiking correct there used to be a small gas station right there years ago(Texaco I think)(MANY YEARS AGO:smiley:)

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

quote:
Originally posted by sellsfish

If you want local and QUALITY seafood, try Kens new place on the IOP. You will not be disappointed!

Coda Del Pesce
Light-filled eatery built from reclaimed wood featuring Italian-influenced seafood & ocean views.
Address: 1130 Ocean Blvd, Isle of Palms, SC 29451
Phone:(843) 242-8570
Hours: Open today ? 5:30 ? 10:00 pm

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Thanks, We will be back in Mid Sept for a week of fishing for reds and will try it then. Not sure how I missed that

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

quote:
Originally posted by tprice

My family has owned a house at IOP since the early 70’s and we come down several times a year

Sea Pro 210cc
Yamaha 200 4 Stroke
Dodge 1500 4x4 HEMI
2008 Corvette 3LT

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

There’s also Opal in seaside farms. Right across the isle of palms connector. It’s langdon’s sister restaurant.

I/We’re making a point to try to eat at as many different places just to try them all out and not get stuck in a rut. Been doing it a lot on Sunday nights. Usually just open up the Open Table app and pick a place that has an open time.

Ate at The Granary once and thought it was really good. Red Drum was great too. Americano wasn’t too shabby either.

The Wreck or Bowens Island are still my favorite seafood places.

Kept hearing how Coleman Public House has the best burgers in town. Meh, it was good, but I didn’t think it was anything super special. Actually, the last burger I ate at Finz was better. I really like Finz burgers.

The only place I’ve eaten at so far that I can say I was actually dissatisfied was Bambu.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by andyb

I/We’re making a point to try to eat at as many different places just to try them all out and not get stuck in a rut. Been doing it a lot on Sunday nights. Usually just open up the Open Table app and pick a place that has an open time.

Ate at The Granary once and thought it was really good. Red Drum was great too. Americano wasn’t too shabby either.

The Wreck or Bowens Island are still my favorite seafood places.

Kept hearing how Coleman Public House has the best burgers in town. Meh, it was good, but I didn’t think it was anything super special. Actually, the last burger I ate at Finz was better. I really like Finz burgers.

The only place I’ve eaten at so far that I can say I was actually dissatisfied was Bambu.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Try cypress on a Monday night for a great burger…pro tip.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

You never go wrong with Okra Grill

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC