termite bond

Does everyone have one on their house? It is an almost society expected thing , or a CYA issue, that is almost assumed that you have to have. I have not had a bond on my house for 10 years now. Every year I crawl the house and visually look everywhere. I used to work for a company for a few years and have 15 years in pesticide handling experience so if I see anything, which luckily I have not I would spray it. If I ever go to sell my house Im guessing I would get a bond because that will be expected. Just wondered everyone’s thoughts.

don’t believe a word i say…

i think it’s just another way that the ‘experts’ and conventional wisdom seek to separate me and my wallet.

e.g. add on underbody coating from the car dealer, aftermarket warranties on TV’s, pipe repair insurance from the water dept, road hazard insurance on tires, $10 copays on health insurance ‘save’ you money.

I believe we had to have proof of bond before USAA would finance the house. Every couple of years or so, we have to provide proof of bond to maintain the loan on the house as well. Can’t say that I understand it, but I don’t have the cash to pay for my house upfront, so I guess a termite bond is a small price to pay to keep a roof over my head.

I grew up in AL. In that state you cannot finance a home without a termite bond. Law. Not the case in SC. I have owned my home for almost 11 years (James Island). It was not bonded when I bought it. Went about 5 years without bond. Decided to go ahead and do it because my house is about 80 years old and all wood. Decision based on the fact that it is nice to know that if I get termites, it is covered. I use Orkin and am very happy with them. Also, I believe it will be a perk for resale. Maybe I am a sucker. Maybe not…

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Take a piece of 2X4 and lay it on the ground somewhere it won’t be disturbed for about 6 weeks! Pick it up and look at it after 6 weeks and you’ll see why you need the bond!

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

don’t believe a word i say…

i think it’s just another way that the ‘experts’ and conventional wisdom seek to separate me and my wallet.

e.g. add on underbody coating from the car dealer, aftermarket warranties on TV’s, pipe repair insurance from the water dept, road hazard insurance on tires, $10 copays on health insurance ‘save’ you money.

98% of your posts are hogwash…not this one. :smiley:

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I’ve never bought a house in SC, but the few I’ve bought in GA, the lender required a termite bond. It may be lender specific, don’t know about that.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I bought a house in SC in 1994 that was had a bond though Orkin. The house when built had been treated with Clordane, and would never need retreatment! The yearly bond payment was $14.00! The EPA banned Clordane and they use Premis, now and you have to retreat every 5 years!

Thanks for the hogwash comment 23sailfish…

That one of the nicest things 23Sellsfish has ever said to the Pee!

continue this orchestrated bullying, & I will lodge a formal protest with admin. in writing

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Take a piece of 2X4 and lay it on the ground somewhere it won’t be disturbed for about 6 weeks! Pick it up and look at it after 6 weeks and you’ll see why you need the bond!

What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

i never said i didn’t treat my house. just that the bond might be a get. any of yoos ever make a successful claim on the bond?