Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

After 8 tough and trying months, I thought it time to give my friends at CF an update directly from me. First and foremost, our lives have lost a beautiful and precious soul. My Maureen was my life, my love, and my soulmate. To simply say she will be missed is embarrassingly inadequate, as I haven’t the words to express the depths of my personal grief.
As far as my health, I make progress all the time. It is slow and painful, yet improving in most areas. I’ll take any positive results I can get. The liver is healing. The doctors are amazed. We haven’t needed a paracentesis since late April,thank God. They hurt… My heart, for the shape it’s in, is doing ok. The bones, not so much. All the ribs on the left side were broken, a couple in 2 or 3 places, collarbone and clavicle fractured and not quite bonding yet. The PT seems to enjoy inflicting pain twice a week, and I thank God she keeps coming back. We’ve postponed dealing with any of the brain trauma issues until the more serious issues were under control. I go to a neurosurgeon in Charlotte next week. He wants an MRI, so we have to remove my ICD to have it done. Then some exploratory stuff. I’m not concerned. Any brain surgery on me will likely be minor.
I won’t go into any legal issues, for obvious reasons. Just know, no judge can do anything to me that I’m not already doing tenfold.
Lastly, I have a heartfelt favor I’d like to ask of any of you willing. Shrimping season is right around the corner. Maureen loved opening day. I think she was most happy during the season. God she loved everything about it! If you would, on opening day, when you set your first pole, would you bring a flower, and honor her memory by placing it in the water with your pole? I would love it if you’d take a picture of it and text it to me at 803 seven 13 four313. I’d like to post them to her FB page, just so her family can see that she was cared about by all who were blessed with meeting her. She will be looking down upon us smiling. Our good Lord will be looking dow

I cannot imagine what you are going through, physically or mentally. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I have wondered how you were doing and am glad to hear that you are at least healing physically. My thoughts of you and your family will continue and I will pray for you as well. Take care.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Charlie, it is good to hear from you, but also understand the pain and suffering you have been through. As Doug said, thank you for the update and continued recovery for your body and soul.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

If there is any way you can ever have some peace, I hope you find it. You will never be judged by me. Best wishes to you and her family.

Rich

Maureen deserves every flower we can provide. She was very well known and loved by many locally and abroad. Let’s send her plenty of pics.

Thanks Tommy and Gina! I’m staying at dad’s house if you wanna come by.