THANK YOU...Sea Tow Charleston!

Wife and I headed out for a day of fishing yesterday, Saturday. It was the fourth trip out in our “new” to us 2011 Tidewater. The previous trip, we had some issues with the electrical system, gauges acting crazy, engine surging and stalling out. I thought that I had figured out the problem, 5 year old battery. So I replaced the battery. Saturday, as we were running out towards Edisto along the N. Edisto river, engine died and would not start. No power to anything. Didn’t know what was happening. Anchored and put in a call to Sea Tow Charleston to have them come out and rescue us! Speaking with them on the phone, after giving my info to them, they tried to help diagnose the problem so we could go on with our day of fishing. They had me check everything from battery connections, kill switch, battery cut-off switch to fuses. Nothing helped. In the meantime, they put in the call for one of their captains to head out to tow us home. A 90 min to 2 hr ETA! While waiting, I tried going through everything again. After ‘jiggling’ back and forth with the battery switch, voila, power! Engine started and we were on our way. Put in another call to Sea Tow, told them we were moving and thanked them for their help! Looks like it might be time to replace the battery switch. We are grateful to them for taking the time to try and help diagnose the problem. Saved us a lot of aggravation!! Good Job Sea Tow Charleston!