That's my boy!

A good guy with gun story

https://youtu.be/clW2jtv6qFc

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

Good story indeed! But, what are the odds that the thief will now try to sue.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

unfortunately what the kid did was illegal but it’s highly unlikely that the prosecutor could find a jury that would convict him

once someone is leaving and outside and xx yards away and has no weapon, they are no longer a threat, the legal basis for defending yourself is gone

Pioneer 197SF

Get that kid a (**() shotgun. 11 9mm misses. Good thing they have some property as I would be concerned at what those 11 hit 200+ yds down the line.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Blueskyguy

unfortunately what the kid did was illegal but it’s highly unlikely that the prosecutor could find a jury that would convict him

once someone is leaving and outside and xx yards away and has no weapon, they are no longer a threat, the legal basis for defending yourself is gone

Pioneer 197SF

In many jurisdictions in the United States, a person has a duty to retreat, not in S.C. Good old Mark Sanford got the Castle Doctrine pasted here. I’m no lawyer but the way I understand you can shoot someone outside your house if they where in it and leaving. Thank GOD we have no duty to retreat like some states.

I do agree with Geronimo, get the kid a shot gun! Or some hollow points. A dead thief is much better than a live one that won’t learn a lesson and probably try and sue the heck out of you. Also glad the kid was in a remote area and not sending all those full metal jackets through another house.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Sounds like daddy needs to take him to a range or if they have enough property build a safe one and practice, practice, practice. If that gun is going to be where the kid can get his hands on it he needs some training. Out side of that, good on him for what he did.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

Pioneer 197SF

In many jurisdictions in the United States, a person has a duty to retreat, not in S.C. Good old Mark Sanford got the Castle Doctrine pasted here. I’m no lawyer but the way I understand you can shoot someone outside your house if they where in it and leaving. Thank GOD we have no duty to retreat like some states.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Mr Fred, I’m not a lawyer but the Castle Doctrine says, “This bill authorizes the lawful use of deadly force under certain circumstances against an intruder or attacker in a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle. The bill provides that there is no duty to retreat if (1) the person is in a place where he has a right to be, including the person’s place of business,… A person who lawfully uses deadly force is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action”

the way I read it you can’t blast away at someone outside, jumping a fence leaving the yard, if the kid had started firing while the guy was near him and in the house he would be in the clear

I’m not sorry for the crook, agree that the kid needs practice, I guess we’ll see what happens with this one

Pioneer 197SF

quote:

the way I read it you can’t blast away at someone outside, jumping a fence leaving the yard, if the kid had started firing while the guy was near him and in the house he would be in the clear

I’m not sorry for the crook, agree that the kid needs practice, I guess we’ll see what happens with this one

Pioneer 197SF

I believe you are correct, but i do believe if the crook was in your house, you feared for your life and started firing following the thief out the door with a rain of bullets and the perp got hit outside the home… your legally ok. All I know is I feared for my LIFE and my families life, I stopped the threat and don’t remember anything other than I thought I was going to die Mr. Officer or Mrs 911 operator. Never volunteer any information other than that. The castle doctrine also is suppose to protect you from law suits.

Good advice above.

But you are responsible for your shots. “Blasting away” in a neighborhood could kill or injure innocents. “Know your target and what’s beyond” as much as possible.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

Personally I would never shoot someone who had turned and tried to run away. Unless they had killed someone or they were shooting at me. The threat is over when the retreat begins. I sure wouldn’t want to be on trial for that one:face_with_head_bandage:

Then again, if I were to decide to shoot 11 times at a person size target, there would be 10 holes in it.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper