The Angel And The Devil - David Fladd

A couple years ago I was fishing with Ray and Josh, two friends from my neighborhood. It was an overcast morning and as they say the fishing was great, but the catching was fair. We had a late morning high tide and as we approached slack the bites faded away as they often do when the water stops moving. I decided to try working down a long bank that I usually fly by on plane going from one high producing (and likely overfished) spot to another… Read the rest of David Fladd’s great column follow this link https://coastalanglermag.com/the-angel-and-the-devil/

CAM Charleston

Nice article. I get that Devil on my shoulder when it comes to keeper flounder. I love to eat them but know that the more we return the more we will have in the coming years.
Not judging btw.

Optiker and Flatty… my my how times have changed… reminds me of some fond memories in my StumpNocker, I swear that boat would float in spit… thanks for the blast from the past!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Kerry, yeah, it can make ya shed a little tear letting them go but even if we all start to release half then it will help a significant amount. The new regs should help also. Especially the lower slot increase.

Stump, I still got her, she’s in my garage with almost all the gel coat ground off the inside. It’s a little hot for that work now and I have no time, but at some point in the future she’ll be back and, trust me, you won’t recognize her :slight_smile:

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Hey Optiker, anything going on with the club this year?

How much offshore activity in that club?

Much interest in Kingfishing in that club?

Thanks in advance for your reply.