The Bentz Craft is for Sale

Well…hate to do it, but it needs some attention that I cannot afford to provide right now. The keel is cracked, and Ben @ Holy City Boatworks who did the paint work estimates $2-4k to completely rebuild the bottom of the boat and repaint. The rest of the boat is in used condition…I fished this boat a LOT when it was rebuilt. There are scratches and there are spots where paint is cracked. There are spots where the paint (on inside of hatches) is peeling for some stupid reason.

With family and work, I don’t have the time, patience, or money to invest in fixing the boat again, and we need a bay boat anyway. So instead of watching it sit around and rot, I’m going to move on from her. The build thread is here (including a picture of the crack): http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=161509

If you know anything about a Bentz Craft, you know the legendary ride. This one is no different, and should hit 50 MPH easily when she’s right. Not only are they fast, they’re incredibly stable and just eat up any kind of chop or bad water. No hesitation to take this thing to the jetties or a bit beyond in good water.

Details:
1994 15’11" Bentz-Craft Flats boat, the first of 3 built by Robert Bentz himself (RIP). Restored 2016 and painted Jade Mist Green Awlcraft 2000 on hull and Desert Sand AwlGrip top side. Custom platform built by Happy Bob. Sits on very nice condition aluminum I beam trailer with decent tires and good hubs with bearing buddies.
1999 Yamaha C90TLRX - 2 stroke outboard painted with Super Jet Black Awlgrip running a Mercury Racing Vengeance stainless prop. New CDI, good compression, recently had carbs retuned and she runs perfectly.
Uflex Hytech hydraulic steering - effortless steering with stainless Edson wheel with knob wrapped in paracord and waxed
TH Marine Atlas MicroJacker 4" setback hydraulic jackplate
Fusion Stereo running 4 Polk Audio MM series marine speakers
Simrad Go7 flush mounted in dash
Fuel/Water PSI/Tachometer all Faria gauges
1100 GPH bilge