The Business of Changing Times,,,,,

7/16 OSB $31 a sheet today.
Tripled since last year

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

The next edit is next week.

The first two month’s edits (or updates) show prices of goods and services increasing, ten year yields on a steady rise, precious metals way down, the stock market up, and lumber, ammo, and food prices are higher than that crack-head-Leon over on Spruill. Awwhh, fukk Leon, he’s a big part of the problem, try and stay with me here.

Is there a bright spot economically anywhere yet? What about on the horizon?

I guess with all the new migrants coming into the country now labor should be getting cheap, huh? That’s a good thing right?

Anyway, Ill update next week at 90 days in. Lets listen in…

As You Were

Ammunition shortage and high prices for way over a year now.
Canning jars shortage and triple their price way over a year now.
You know there’s a lot more that can be added to this list way over a year now.
Most likely never be the same. Everything has really been fuked up for four years now.
Going to take a long time to get back to normal.

BOB
BOB

Hey Bob wife just got 48 -court size with lids and rings off Amazon for 36 bucks shipped to the house…
As everyone knows There’s always a run on guns and ammo right before an election. Especially if they think a Democrats getting into office.But never like this.
The gun stores are keeping guns on the shelves now. But still not much ammo.
My reasoning behind the ammo shortage is 4 million new gun owners in less than 2 or 3-months.
Bob if you need a few boxes of something let me know and I can bring you some. only thing I don’t have and have not seen on the shelves is 380.
Ammo seems to come out in waves there’s an abundance of 40 cal out there right now.

Gas in Greenville $2.51 a gallon

22 life’s a day

BOB

Wife said.
Sales-aholic.com
And then you got an option of joining the Facebook group that’s where she found them on daily deals.
She also said watch Amazon.

22 life’s a day

So the Moron in Chief shut down the pipeline, which absolutely sucks!

SO, what’s up with fuel prices skyrocketing?? Keystone wasn’t pumping yet, correct?? Perhaps to some new refineries along it’s path…$2.80ish for Diesel in Augusta, Ga today.

NN

1 Like

In a nutshell, as covid restrictions relax, especially with the number of vaccinations and warmer weather just around the corner, more folks begin to travel and recreate. Demand is going up.

So anyway, as that demand quickly rises, pipeline or not, Opec has not increased production. Russia either, and don’t even get me started on ChInah.

Its a supply and demand thing, brent crude was over $60 a barrel today, so I’d look for pricing around the $3.25 range at the pump by Memorial Day. Thats my best guess, lets see what happens.

As You Were

Unfortunately I think you’re right $271 today Florence.
Shingles went up 2 bucks a square.
All of our vendors are telling us they’re going to have to start a fuel surcharge again on all deliveries.

22 life’s a day

[quote]

First Edit 1/15/21</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”>

Second Edit 2/15/21</font id=“size4”></font id=“blue”>

Third Edit 3/15/2021</font id=“green”></font id=“size4”>

Gas where I live and buy it is just under $2.00 a gallon.
Gas now is $2.29 up almost 15%</font id=“red”>
Gas now is $2.42, up 21%</font id=“blue”>
Gas is now 2.79, up 39.5% since original post</font id=“green”>

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance thru the State of North Carolina (my wife is a teacher) and I pay $540 a month for pretty good insurance.
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“red”>
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“blue”>
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“green”>

A case of Bud heavy is $17 at Walmart and closer to $20 at Publix
Im not home now, prices are all over the board. Ill revisit this later</font id=“red”>
Bud Heavy prices today at the Teeter was $21.99/case.</font id=“blue”>
Bud Heavy price today at the Harris Teeter was $21.99/case. Unchanged</font id=“green”>

Lean ground beef at Publix is $3.79 a pound
Ground beef at Publix yesterday was 4.89 a pound. Up 29%</font id=“red”>
Ground beef today a the Teeter was on sale for 3.99/lb</font id=“blue”>
Ground Beef was 3.99/lb for chuck yesterday, Unchanged</font id=“green”>

Shrimp/ Frozen 31/35’s at $5.99 a pound
Havent bought any shrimp lately, unknown</font id=“red”>
Shrimp Frozen 31/35’s were 6.99/lb, up 16% since original post</font id=“green”>

The Dow Jones hit 30,400 just the other day
The Dow Closed yesterday at 30,300. Down a smidge</font id=“red”>.
The Dow opened today at an all time high of around 31,400,

My delivery got held up this morning had to run home Depot and get a couple things.

Unbelievable $43 for 7/16 OSB
$20 for a spruce 2x6.
Shingles $180 a square not counting underlayment.
I recently sold both of my rental properties.
Y’all might be riding this wave right now.You better watch out it’s going to pop.
There’s no way the housing market can withstand these kind of prices.

22 life’s a day

1 Like

[quote][quote]

First Edit 1/15/21</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”>

Second Edit 2/15/21</font id=“size4”></font id=“blue”>

Third Edit 3/15/2021</font id=“green”></font id=“size4”>

Fourth Edit 6/15/2021</font id=“orange”></font id=“size4”>

Gas where I live and buy it is just under $2.00 a gallon.
Gas now is $2.29 up almost 15%</font id=“red”>
Gas now is $2.42, up 21%</font id=“blue”>
Gas is now 2.79, up 39.5% since original post</font id=“green”>
Gas is now $2.93, up 46.5% since original post</font id=“orange”>

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance thru the State of North Carolina (my wife is a teacher) and I pay $540 a month for pretty good insurance.
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“red”>
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“blue”>
My Insurance is Unchanged</font id=“green”>
My Insurance went up to $590 per month. Up 9%</font id=“orange”>

A case of Bud heavy is $17 at Walmart and closer to $20 at Publix
Im not home now, prices are all over the board. Ill revisit this later</font id=“red”>
Bud Heavy prices today at the Teeter was $21.99/case.</font id=“blue”>
Bud Heavy price today at the Harris Teeter was $21.99/case. Unchanged</font id=“green”>
I quit drinking AB’s schitty rice beer and no longer give a (**() what the Europeans (who now own the king of beers) get for their swill </font id=“orange”>

Lean ground beef at Publix is $3.79 a pound
Ground beef at Publix yesterday was 4.89 a pound. Up 29%</font id=“red”>
Ground beef today a the Teeter was on sale for 3.99/lb</font id=“blue”>
Ground Beef was 3.99/lb for chuck yesterday, Unchan

I am glad I am not looking for a house right now. The house across the street just sold a week or so ago for nearly $400,000. I was shocked. I worry about my kids being able to afford decent things in the future. BOTH parties spend OUR money like there is a never-ending supply. Tax and spend seems to be all politicians know.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Doug, I sure feel for the folk’s buying their first home now. It’s crazy, and when this bubble pop’s, they will be upside down in a hurry.

Been looking at Zillow and the Zestimates are nuts. Thankfully son got into a new home in early 2019. Recently did Re-fi from 4.8 to 2.8. About a $55k reduction in interest.

On a side note, the adds being run on TV are enticing folks to roll up more debt by refi against the false value of their home…

Many, IMO will payoff thousands of $ in Credit Card debt into this, then start the cycle all over again. Mostly young and naive.

My .02…

NN

https://www.infowars.com/posts/tucker-carlson-wall-street-buying-up-homes-nationwide-to-create-serf-class-of-renters/

Cause and effect. History repeats itself.

BTW, notice where section 8 housing and the opportunity zone cabal is gravitating.

When interest rates hit 21% again, there’s gonna be a lot of hurt peeps and a small group will be above wealth.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

I’m digging the stock market right now but I know it won’t last. About 10 years ago my wife wanted to “day trade”. She took a couple thousand bucks and about 5 different stocks. All of them tanked but one, Skyworks. She paid around $6 per share and a couple of months ago sold several shares for $191 per. Not bad but this will not last. The left will see to that.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

My son-in-law’s mom and dad give my daughter and son-in-law a $1,000 to pick a stock with for Christmas. They doubled their money.
And not too long ago my son-in-law lost 5 grand. He’s probably lucky he’s working out of town .
I bet you his day trader careers over with.
I’m sure I don’t need to say it. My daughter is not a happy camper.

22 life’s a day

22 life’s a day

Went to Sam’s in Augusta today.

Prime Ribeye $16.98lb. WTF, was like $13.98 just a couple weeks ago.

King Crab legs $35lb. Thy have went up in $5 increments over past year~.

Gas was $2.69 there.

NN

Went to food Lion with the wife this afternoon. I seen a couple New York strips that looked pretty good. Picked them up $18 & jingle change. Didn’t pay attention to the per lb price. Just moved to the :hamburger:.

I got 2 units of 3/4" plywood Friday. That’s 84 sheets…
$7900 unbelievable.

22 life’s a day