The few ruin it for the Many

Had to go to Charleston today. I cut through the woods. Figured I’d blow off a little frustration. And shoot my new 300 blackout pistol. Six months in the making. Roll up to boggy Head rifle range what do I find.Tried to load more pictures but would not accept them. What a mess pallets car windshields piles and piles of bottles. Hot water heaters. They closed it down before because of that. People just don’t care. And all the junk out there to shoot and they shoot the billboard. Wow

Go to twin ponds. Well organized beautiful nice and clean. But mostly , it’s safe. I saw an idiot at boggy place a live 12 ga shell on the bulls eye of a target. Asked him to hold his fire until I was gone.

I’m learning. Cropped them down. Managed to get a couple more on

IT’s a shame a few will ruin it for the many. :roll_eyes: What platform did you use for the 300? My son recently did a 300 black out, now working on a .458 socom. He just picked up two lowers and I’m considering one as well…

The days of unattended pubic ranges are almost over…I don’t know of any in my area that aren’t manned by a DNR officer-and these pictures show why. This and the shrinking DNR budget…

“Never argue with an idiot…he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.”

A couple of morons posted a video of them shooting up a glass chandelier on the Boggy Head face book page. Shooting rifles at ground targets. Shooting illegal targets. Trashing up the place. Bet they’re stupid enough to wonder why the range is closed now.

People don’t gaf about anything anymore. There seems to be a respect epidemic going on and no end in sight.

Double D.

Trail cams don’t work out there?

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Pathetic, our society has certainly seen its better days.

Memories… I used to go there in highschool when i was 14 or 15. We’d pull out the ARs Aks Ms and pistol grip shotties. My buddy had a serouis gun collection, he used to buy them all as his grandpa(rich and lived out of state) because they had the same name. If it had a name or looked like it should be in a movie he likely had it. It took gramps years to realize it and it was because he bought a car for like 28k.lol. There would be a full range and like half would leave right when they saw us. The routine was get the smallest guy to go unload like a mad man. My buddy was like 100lbs and not a wirey 100 either, we’d give him the pistol grip pump or break barrel and he’d go 1 arm it cock and unload Terminator status. Or someone one would let the AR or AK rip Tony Montana status with 1 arm. Usually only a couple people would stay if any. I had a buddy that bought a cheap AK online that looked like a novelty. It was so pretty and a little smaller and lighter than a normal AK. We all said it was ment for a mount but he wanted to shoot it. I think bullet didnt leave the barrel it blew apart the front would grip. He wanted me to shoot it first but i knew it was gonna mess up. We were flat out idiots drinking, smoking typical Dumba$$ highschool stuff. But we would still pick up trash and clean up even other peoples stuff. I saw mussel loader out there that you could feel when the guy shot it. He said it was a 50. Cal. But seemed way badder than any 50 cal ive seen.

Everybody complains about trash and nobody will pick a piece up. I pick up trash everytime i pass some. To many people have that its not mine complex. It doesnt matter whose it is just do your part. Id get some buddies and a trailer, a tarp and some yard tools and plan a clean up day. I guarantee anyone out there will give a hand. Just complaining will get it closed

Someone should get in touch with a local Boy Scout troop and see if they’ll clean it up. Many scouts need public service hours to advance in rank. Also, many high schools now require students to complete X number of service credit hours.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

They would just be shot at too.

quote:
Originally posted by stlhunr
quote:
Originally posted by mdaddy

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

They would just be shot at too.

Cheap bait cams and hidden cams… Hard to avoid a smart person setting up cameras. Then use the full extent of the law to prosecute the idiots. :question:

FRED ; THATS ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS OF THE DAY… NO FEAR OF THE RULE OF LAW , JUST A SLAP ON THE WRIST AND BAD BOY… 90 DAYS AT HARD LABOR FIXING WHAT THEY AND OTHERS LIKE EM DESTROYED AND HAVING TO PAY FOR ALL MATERIALS OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET MIGHT DISCOURAGE SOME OF IT…:angry:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

My take on everyone’s response.
Twin ponds. Very nice well-managed facility. No rapid fire or multiple targets. I am not a bench shooter. you cannot stand up and fire on the rifle range. Not open Sundays & close at 4. Hard for me to get there
Platform. Spike’s tactical lower with 8 1/2"barrel. Franklin armory trigger.
YouTube video. For what Little good it would do. I would send the YouTube video to DNR.
Trail cam. Someone would find them. And they would become targets.
Outside source cleaning up. We should be able to govern ourselves. Whenever I go I take a 55 gallon contractor bag. And usually fill it up.most of the time someone else will jump in. I am not above speaking up and telling someone to get their trash and take it with them. Most of the time you ask someone hey we need to go cold so you can get your stuff. It kind of shames them into getting their trash. I just spent a couple years working around Clemson. Cedar Creek rifle range. The regular do pretty good keeping the place clean. . Like night and day. They want to take our rights/guns away. This is just ammunition (haha) for them. When one person screws up everyone wants to talk about it. hundreds do well. you never hear about it.

VETERANS BEFORE REFUGEES

Big difference cedar Creek