The "Miss Amanda" does not disappoint 08/26/2009

Okay all,

There are so many firsts here from today, it’s not even funny. No one should be allowed to have this much fun fishing.

The crew of the Miss Amanda graciously invited me to come along for the off shore adventure today. Lynnmcd and Long Enuff allowed me to share in the fun today, and what an experience it was. This was my first time out that far, and out that deep.

We left the hill at about 3:30 a.m. Got out to Comanche right at sunrise. The sky was still getting light out. We trolled Eastward out to about 110 feet, where the first knock down produced two dolphin, a bull and a cow. My first dolphin ever, and I reeled in the bull. We got pumped, put the lines back out, and in about 130 of water, a short while later, a double knock down again. Long Enuff grabbed his pole, I grabbed mine. By the way, the pole LE grabbed was off of the downrigger, about 25’ down. He pulls up a nice sized Sail, and I pull up a Bonita. So, congrats to LE for his first Sail. He did a great job. After this, we pick up another dolphin. She visibly chased the ballyhoo on the surface. It was really cool.

We proceed to make a gigantic 180, heading back towards the jetty mouth. We end up out as far as 50 miles, in about 200 feet of water. The only thing that we saw out there was a big Cuda. He was gaffed and released. No real temp break, no real bait, no real weeds out where we were in that particular spot.

As we start to head into shallower water, we get a single knock down that produced a respectable sized Whoo. Again, a first for me. As we shallow up to 130 feet, we pulled up three Kings, one just short the size of the Whoo.

We collected up three more Cuda’s throughout the day, saw another Sail, a big one, chase a ballyhoo that Lynnmcd was reeling in to clear lines. Hit his line, but missed as he came out of the water. It was a nice sized one.

It was a much nicer day out there than expected. 3 foot rolling hills, great interval. However, as we trolled in, the chop picked up and the

See what takin the family back to church will do Lynn ; )
Glad you guys had a safe and great trip.
GOOD GAME LE
Woot first sail
Now you see how Lynn got me hooked first fish off shore was a sail ; )
Nice to meet you and your family Sirecks

quote:
Originally posted by Sirecks

We trolled Eastward out to about 110 feet, where the first knock down produced two dolphin, a bull and a cow.

Treble hook, I assume?

Any size to the cuda?

Sorry skinnee, not two on one line. Two hits, on two separate lines, making the first set.

The first cuda was pretty big, and fat. The rest were small.

2003 Sea Pro 220
“Reelly Blessed”</font id=“blue”>
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

Great report Sirecks! I was tickled to meet you and your family as well. It was a pleasure to fish with someone as enthusiastic and eager to learn as you were; Lynn is still working on me! :sunglasses: It was nice to have that third crew member also, sometimes on Miss Amanda it can get real challenging with a crew of two!! Here are a few shots from my camera. Lynn it was a blast! I am still sore and moving sort of slow this morning :wink:

Long Enuff

Great report and beautiful ocean!!

I know you’re very happy Sirecks!!

quote:
Originally posted by duckcommander

It came across as knocking the rod not the cocks… and, wow, that sounds extremely gay.

xHCFKx

You know it 23!! The smile seems to be plastered to my face this morning still!!

Hey LE, that sail looks bigger in the pic than I remember . . . what a great catch!

2003 Sea Pro 220
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

Well if you were not a saltwater fishing JUNKY before, You are NOW!!!

Rog

“Double Trouble”
2001 Sea Fox 230
2001 Merc 200

its awesome to hear how excited you were and that you all had a great day. Reminds me of being a kid again! :smiley:

That’s me . . . a 33 year old kid. Just ask my wife. However, most kids don’t ache like I do today . . . . I told the guys yesterday that if I’m going to make a habit of this, I’ve got to work my upper body more in my workouts!!

2003 Sea Pro 220
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

It was a pleasure to fish with Sirecks and Long Enuff yesterday! It was also great to meet your family Adam! We have to get the families together again and let the kids play.

I just love to see the faces of anglers when they are fighting a fish. I also love to see it when they bring in the meat fish!:stuck_out_tongue: It was nice to see LE land his first bill!:smiley:

Adam, you are very welcome for the trip, and I hope that you did learn a little. I look forward to learning something from each trip myself, as I am far from a pro, or even a teacher of this sport. I just like to have a good time doing what I love to do! I try to make it where everyone has a good time, whether a fish is caught or not. Offshore fishing is a team effort, and I think we all did great at that yesterday! I am looking forward to the next trip with you and LE!

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150
God is GOOD!! ALL the time!!</font id=“blue”>

Lynn and friends looks like you had another good day congrats.
By the way you gotta go back to work man these weekday fishing
reports are killing me.:wink: I think i need to fish the smaller boat and work less that might be the ticket.Of course the wife loves her comfort and she is my fishing partner after all. So its grind on durin the week and hope for weather on the weekends.
good on ya for the catch.

“Destiny” 35ft
Contender and “Scintilla” 20ft Keywest, Manning SC

Good day of fishing, congrats.

Looks like a fun day.

quote:
Originally posted by Cane Pole

Good day of fishing, congrats.

Thanks! Yes, it was a good day. No huge fish or numbers of fish, but we all had a great time and brought home some meat…

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

quote:
Originally posted by hdgb

reports are killing me.:wink: I think i need to fish the smaller boat and work less that might be the ticket.Of course the wife loves her comfort and she is my fishing partner after all. So its grind on durin the week and hope for weather on the weekends.

“Destiny” 35ft

I plan on rejoining the work force soon. :smiley:
We need to get out there on my little boat sometime. I know, why would you when you got the big boat. We have a good time on the small craft. Not the most comfy, but I can stay home if I want comfy. I go to fish and hopefully catch. :wink: I fish on some of my friends’ bigger boats from time to time, and it is nice. I wouldn’t know how to act if I had a huge boat, but I would try…:smiley::smiley:

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

Dang man. Dang!

You the man Lynn
that key west is getting a work out, mine is sitting waiting for the shrimping season to start.Then back after the striper. As for fishing trip i owe ya i’ll be in oregon inlet from 6-11 Sep if your interested in coming up and seeing how the nc boys live. Doors open come on in. Send me a pm or call if interested.
You know i was just pulling your long rigger. :slight_smile:
ciao
Rick

quote:
Originally posted by lynnmcd
quote:
Originally posted by hdgb

“Destiny” 35ft

I plan on rejoining the work force soon. :smiley:
We need to get out there on my little boat sometime. I know, why would you when you got the big boat. We have a good time on the small craft. Not the most comfy, but I can stay home if I want comfy. I go to fish and hopefully catch. :wink: I fish on some of my friends’ bigger boats from time to time, and it is nice. I wouldn’t know how to act if I had a huge boat, but I would try…:smiley::smiley:

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

</font id="quot

nice work lynn! that ocean sure does look nice early in the AM. let me know when you get back out there!!

2008 25 Sea King
Twin 150 Yamahas

“Just Released”

Lynn . . . . [:0]:smiley: OMG!!!

Did that Who steak just like you said, fixed up some corn bread and mac-n-cheese to go with, and OH BOY WAS THAT GOOD!!! Not only was it fun to catch, but now I want to catch more to eat some mo’!!

Thanks for the tips. It was fantastic.:sunglasses:

2003 Sea Pro 220
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66