The Struggle is Real!

Made my way out to the jetties today. Fished for a few hours on the flood tide. Fiddlers for sheepies and cutbait for some shark fun. One small shark got away at the boat. Headed in and decided to give the Stono a shot. Snagged my casting net on something terrible and shredded it up. Fished DOA shrimp and Zman paddle tails, several colors. Nothing.

I’ve landed 1 red this year. Zero trout. 1 flounder. Zero sheep. 50+ shark. Are the shark eating everything? Lol! Frustrating!

I know how you feel. went to jetties, bridges, and nearshore last weekend and nothing to show for it except a sunburn. Oh Well!! better than sitting at the house…

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

I don’t do the jetties much but I’ve had similar slow action elsewhere. Until yesterday anyway when I caught a small red that hit as the gulp shrimp on a jighead was leaving the water, 12" trout, and two flounder (one keeper, one just under) within 30min. And the beauty was I never dipped the boat! All from a dock near Swinton Ck.

we were out at the jetties on Tues and caught lots of small BSB a couple of oyster toad fish, whiting and two large somethings that were lost. Cut mullet and minnows for bait.

We braved the outside of the South jetty. It was a little rocky. There was a boat opposite of us on the inside, they didn’t seem to be having any luck either.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

we were out at the jetties on Tues and caught lots of small BSB a couple of oyster toad fish, whiting and two large somethings that were lost. Cut mullet and minnows for bait.