The times they are a changing

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s I loved everything from the music, movies, cars, shows, etc. that came from that era. Apparently a lot of other people do as well as I see them constantly trying to capture that same glory with remade or rebooted movies, shows, and just about every artist these days are sampling music from that era. Disney animated greats made into live action movies, just stop please. Remaking Red Dawn, Dirty Dancing, and Point Break, you should have never started. And now they want to capitalize on the Chevy Blazer name.

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-blazer?ppc=GOOGLE_700000001298385_71700000037479052_58700004160441080_p34363731997&gclid=CIHx_trK6dsCFZBRgQoddbMAgw&gclsrc=ds

What a joke. Just know if I see any CF members in this I will mock you. This should not have the Blazer name, and wanting to compete with the Jeep GC, GTFOH.

Just about everything from the 80’s was crap. Music, TV shows, cars, trucks,…all crap.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

Just about everything from the 80’s was crap. Music, TV shows, cars, trucks,…all crap.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I’ll agree about the cars… mostly generic smog restricted crap… I like a lot of the music and t.v. shows. :smiley:

You don’t like knight rider and alf? Come on at least admit Married with Children was and is an awesome show. On the music, everyone loved some Milli Vannili. [:I]

Old blazers are awesome. That’s just embarrassing what chevys doing there.

23’ seacraft

I think that Chevy looks good, but i’m a chevy homer

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

2016 Sea Pro 219

I think it’s more of a reaction to Ford re-introducing the Bronco, then Chevy trying to return to the eighties. But at least the new Bronco will resemble the old Bronco…

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a31079/new-ford-bronco-ranger-details/

Caddy shack, Star Wars V & VI, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jaws, Romancing the Stone. any John Candy movie. Can’t believe there are people that don’t like 80s or 90s movies.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Lighten up Francis, I enjoyed watching movies in the 80s with my kids and their friends,especially Stripes.Country boy can survive,how many times did I have to hear that.I’m with you,pretty good times.Nothing like the 50s though, I think everyone tends to like the movies and music from their era.

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

you take that back.

quote:
Originally posted by sman

Lighten up Francis, I enjoyed watching movies in the 80s with my kids and their friends,especially Stripes.Country boy can survive,how many times did I have to hear that.I’m with you,pretty good times.Nothing like the 50s though, I think everyone tends to like the movies and music from their era.

I see what you did there. Well played.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Definitely not a K5. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

It deeply saddens me to read a thread about the 80’s (on a fishing website mind you) that has failed to mention the creation of the greatest fashion accessory ever, that happened to come out in the Glorious 80’s…Leg Warmers…They came out in the 80’s and ladies had to have them, we loved looking at them, we all loved leg warmers…leg warmers were an attractive accessory that usually complimented a nice short skirt and were wrapped over a pair of heels…we all loved leg warmers…

quote:
Originally posted by Area 51

It deeply saddens me to read a thread about the 80’s (on a fishing website mind you) that has failed to mention the creation of the greatest fashion accessory ever, that happened to come out in the Glorious 80’s…Leg Warmers…They came out in the 80’s and ladies had to have them, we loved looking at them, we all loved leg warmers…leg warmers were an attractive accessory that usually complimented a nice short skirt and were wrapped over a pair of heels…we all loved leg warmers…

now we’re getting somewhere. don’t mind the metemucil hater crowd.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

now we’re getting somewhere. don’t mind the metemucil hater crowd.

I think you are confusing leggings with support hose.

quote:

I thought you were going to say fanny pack. I used mine for tackle for years when walking in the woods with my dog.

But yeah, the leggings were good too…

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”