The Weather

I now realize I could not live in the Pacific Northwest, The UK or other places that get as much cold, dreary, rainy weather as they do. The weather in Columbia has sucked for the last week + and the forecast is for more of the same. I have trees to cut and limbs to trim and lots of other things I’d rather be doing outside.

Painting interior trim, organizing drawers/cabinets, sorting old photographs and counting and organizing ammo have me with a full on case of cabin fever. I want the sun to shine and the rain to stop and I want to do things outside.

Okay, that is all, I’m done. Jeez, how do people live in Alaska?

Do like I did. Look at what needs to be done, walk off ,get in the easy chair and take a nap.

Double D.

It’s a different mind set for sure. One of my childhood friends just purchased 200 acres in Alaska 30 miles from the nearest road. He’s already checked on renting a chopper to fly out supplies and his tractor. Doing it alone. Kids grown and no wife. Not for me. A beautiful piece of property bordering a large salmon river on high ground. I’ll go see him in warm weather when he gets it all fixed up!

I remember one summer my Mom was headed for a visit back to England and I begged her not to have to go. Dreary weather sucks. Had a supervisor tell me when I was up north that I’d get used to Cold. Never happened. I dealt with it and made the best of it, but never ever would I get used to it.

I dumped 3.10" inches out this morning since Friday. I’d imagine our rivers are up pretty good! My poor Garden a mess right now. Crazy thing is every feed store I’ve been to has not got in their spring vegetable seeds. I’m way behind on my Kale, collards, cabbage, and onions. I did get a few broccoli plants Saturday at ACE in St. George.

Weather sucks for sure. Just thankful we didn’t get any ice, with the power outage that come with it…yet!

NN

I’m a transplanted Yankee. Upstate New York near Attica.
Right in the snow belt.Lake effects snow all that good stuff. Moved down in November . First day at the bus stop (yep kids rode the buses back then) all the kids piled up big old army jackets, scarves and gloves. Me a flannel shirt. Nowadays I look like the kid from toy story when I go out. I just bought a pair of fleece lined jeans Bass pro They’re on sale.
I spent about 2 1/2 years split between the desert and the jungle. Then got sent to Korea for cold weather survival and mountain warfare.
Most MISERABLE 2 months of my life.
The Rok Marines barracks was just down the hill from our tent City.
I’m guessing this was some sort of punishment. A number of times they would fall out for morning formation 0530 in just their skivvies and do PT. Ice, sleet, snow . My a$$ draws up now just thinking about it.
I hate the cold.I whine like a little school girl.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

You fellas are just getting old.Welcome aboard .haha.Fred ,you should order seeds online,you’re pretty good at the internet.

I do sman, Bulk wildflower mix and some heirloom seeds, but you just can’t beat spending .50 or a dollar for more seeds at Benton’s than you can get in a dozen packages on line. I’ve got one order that’s been on B.O. since November. Corona whip lash?

I ordered some English Wallnut, chestnut, almond, hazel nut, and a couple of variety of blueberry that I haven’t seen before from Tye Tye Nursery out of Georgia. Was very pleased with them. All bear root trees with nice root system and packaged great. I won’t do Burgees anymore.

Man, it’s great to see the Sun today!!

sob, OTC, I’ve heard horror stories about the winter / mountain training in Korea! I’ve heard some say it is worse than Thule Greenland

I got mixed training when I got "volunteered for Bomber Recovery team. Some in N.D. and some in Maine. First thing instructor did was make all smokers quit for the class. Never really took it back up after that. I only started smoking to get out of formation in Basic.

Bunch of rookies. When the weather gets sloppy, go play! We hung out in Boone NC for the last 5 days.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Hey 23,
how about an update on that truck rebuild of yours?

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

DF organizing photos. 23 postin more fake pix. that’s enough internets for today

Wife wants to go to Maggie valley says we’re only 1 1/2 hours away from there.I would end up like Sonny Bono eating a tree or at the minimum breaking something

22 life’s a day

I got some weather coming tonight and into Friday it looks like. Ice is the worst, especially when it gets over half an inch encasing everything like they are calling for.

I’ll take some pictures and then you will see why I LOL in the general direction of all this cold weather talk.

stand by…

Where you at EF?

Sounds like you have some sloppy weather headed your way.

Double D.

Not everyone can live the life Ricky lives. You know, vintage cars, expensive trains and exotic ski trips.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

The low country of SC truly is Gods country, the horn of plenty in all actuality,but he spends his vacations in the high country of NC. This is fact and can hardly be debated.

So anyway, here’s where it starts…a misty freezing rain that sticks to everything and grows until stuff breaks.

Lets listen in

It was clear around daybreak when I took the other pics. Now the Fog is rolling in. Freezing fog builds up on raised surfaces fast. Really fast

Looks like I am going to just get a glancing blow by this storm, kinda like the way Polly does a hit and run post. Doesn’t do much damage or make much sense, but still, a pain in the arse.

The trees are holding about as much ice as they can now without starting to crack.

As you were

Should have stayed your butt in Florida for another week

22 life’s a day

One time Fred’s wife fried 3 pork chops, put them on a dam wall and then watched Fred pass 12 ibex on his way to glory

https://youtu.be/RG9TMn1FJzc