thermador knobs

I need some help. I have a Thermador gas cook top and one of the knobs broke for the third time. Previously, I have epoxied it back together. To far gone this time. The part number is 00414834 or 00414781. Why don’t I call Thermador/Bosch? I have called everyone short of the three wise men. Everyone tells me the same story, out of production and no replacements. If ANYBODY knows where I can find these knobs, please let me know.

PS; I just clamped a set of vise grips on the gas valve. My wife said she would cut me if I didn’t get rid of the vise grips and find a new knob.

Many thanks.

Call Howards Appliance in Augusta. They carry alot of stuff like that.

Good luck!

NN

Have you tried Ebay.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Or, Jump N Cobia on here may 3D print ya one…

NN

^^^^^^ That is a great idea, he can probably make one better than the original.

Thanks to you all. Those are some nice folks at Howards but they couldn’t help. I have checked ebay, craig’s list and Charlestonfishing.com. That should cover about 99.9% of the worlds brain power. I sure hate to think I am going to replace a gas cook top over a 2 dollar knob. One thing is for certain , I sure as hell will not buy another bosh/thermador product. Our bosh dish washer set the house on fire while it was under warranty. Bosh offered us a new power cord that they said was made of a better material that wouldn’t burst into flames!

ZX

3D printer; I am not familiar with how that works. I am going to research that and maybe PM jumping cobia.

We have some folks coming to visit next week and the though of vise grips on the gas valve is sending the wife into anaphylactic shock.

Thanks!

ZX

Check the appliance place in summerville. Or the restaurant supply place in Charleston

Double D.

How about BlueFlame on Long Point, they sell Propane and have some supplies for gas grills I think. What is the possibility of making one.

I would use a small pair of vice grips before replacing the entire cooktop #128512;

Coastline appliance in North Charleston. I think they have a guy that is good at finding stuff on the internet also.

Corbetts appliance repair on 61 might have it

Is this any help?: http://www.wilsonelements.net/universal-appliance-knobs/

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

A friend of mine has a high end Wolf/SubZero gas cook top which has plastic knobs covered with a chrome plating. The knobs have failed several times and are hard to find. Basically the chrome plating cracks and then the knob melts because of the heat from the burners. Until we were able to find OEM replacements $$$ we took the knob to an appliance store and looked for a knob one that matched valve stem pattern and then just bought $ those as back up. that may be a viable alternative for you.

quote:
Originally posted by hungryneck

A friend of mine has a high end Wolf/SubZero gas cook top which has plastic knobs covered with a chrome plating. The knobs have failed several times and are hard to find. Basically the chrome plating cracks and then the knob melts because of the heat from the burners. Until we were able to find OEM replacements $$$ we took the knob to an appliance store and looked for a knob one that matched valve stem pattern and then just bought $ those as back up. that may be a viable alternative for you.

Yep, buy a cheap set of knobs for everyday use, and then put on the fancy ones to “flex” when company comes over…:smiley:

RBF

Up date: I went to the Wilson elements web site mentioned by surf fish life. They are an Australian outfit that proclaims they can match 98% of the knobs in existence. They did have instructions for measuring the gas valve (mine is a 6mm) and from their literature it looks like they make a replacement. They do not look like the Thermador knobs so I ordered four new knobs for $33. I will keep ya’ll posted on how this works out

Thanks again to all the good folks on Charlestonfishing!

ZX

Well the knobs from Williams elements made it all the way from Australia. I can’t use just words to tell ya’ll how pleased I am. Quality product and they look much nicer than the originals from Thermador. Thanks to surf fish life and all the rest of ya’ll for the service life extension program on my cook top!

ZX

Glad that worked out.

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

Do you have to turn them the opposite direction?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Do you have to turn them the opposite direction?

LOL, good one:smiley:.

Good for you on the new knobs!

NN