This is for Fred

And other greying poster like me LOL! Have a great day.

Getting Old

I’ve sure gotten old!

I have outlived my feet and my teeth, I’ve had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
I’m half blind, can’t hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
Have bouts with dementia.
Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
Can’t remember if I’m 85 or 92.
Have lost all my friends.
But, thank God, I still have my driver’s license.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

thanks bay.

It is actually kind of ironic. Was with my Granddaughter at school and it is utterly amazing how many overweight kids you see now as opposed to when I went to school.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Very true Fred. I think there are 2 major causes , most kids today are couch potatos with electronics in their laps , and also the amount
of growth hormones in all the fast food they consume ; ever notice
how 12-13 yr old girls got bodies of 20 yr old women !!![:0]

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

ah…no.

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

Very true Fred. I think there are 2 major causes , most kids today are couch potatos with electronics in their laps , and also the amount

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

no x2

quote:

author unknown

quote:

author unknown

jesus dude, do you make this sh#^t up?

My bad , I guess that was an exaggeration of ages , but I’m alluding to the eating habits, and its results, of kids in general, lots of fast foods and very little exercise “like the commercial on tv showing the kid calling his grandma on the phone and asking her to get him another grape soda”"[:0] I can actually imagine that happening. There have been more than article and study on the affects of growth hormones used to speed up production/growth in our food chain sources , and how it is suspected of accelerating puberty in kids today. Just look at the physical condition, where it is apparent, the vast majority of not just kids but also adults, “myself included”, are a bunch of heavy weights. Can you tour a mall or store and not see that what I say is true.:question::question::question::question:

author unknown

when I was a kid - the neighborhood fat girl always heard the ice cream truck first

I don’t care what anyone says! I enjoy watching them grow up! Kind of like watching a Butterfly, turning into something beautiful! Don’t have any daughters myself, but can totally understand a father being overly protective of them!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I don’t care what anyone says! I enjoy watching them grow up! Kind of like watching a Butterfly, turning into something beautiful! Don’t have any daughters myself, but can totally understand a father being overly protective of them!

No doubt Easy! Watching kids grow up makes life worth enduring. So neat to see the different personalities, and hope you make a positive influence on them.

Gail Wins, I understood what you meant. :smiley:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”