This Site Changed?

Haven’t been here in a while due to family illness. Seems like it used to be much busier with reports, discussions, etc. Am I wrong?

Welcome back OLD SALT!
Glad to have you back, hope all is as well as it can be with the family.

You are not wrong. With all of the social medias outlets and other platforms out here, this forum has suffered a significant decline. Several of us are holding on and doing what we can to keep the site active, feel free to join in and post up when you can.

Have you been fishing any lately?

Sadly, the site has changed, and not for the better. Like Stump said, there are tons of social media sites now, so competition hasn’t helped. There were several years of really pathetic in-fighting and pot-stirring, mainly by a small number of malcontents. That ran some folks off. I know a couple of guys (friends) that got tired of the crap and negative comments when someone would post a report and they just stopped coming here. Strangely, the new owner(s) seemed to sit and watch as the site almost burned down.

Obviously, the physical aspect of the site changed and after an adjustment period, I have come to like it.

I have made some really good friends here at CF and have learned an awful lot. I hate that it seems to be a shell of its former self but will keep coming back and hoping it will get busier here.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome back Stump! Alas my fishing lately has been limited to my 2-weight flyrod in a never ending battle with the bluegill in my neighborhood ponds. We downsized a couple years ago and I sold my boat at the same time. Looking forward to returning to my surf-fishing roots very soon though. (I grew up in a little beach town on the West coast of Florida)

Thanks for the response DF. While I hadn’t thought of the social media impact, that does make perfect sense. Honestly I was wondering if the snark and nasty comments were part of the problem. It seemed every time I posted something a slew of crap would come flying back so I just became a reader rather than a participant. Really a shame as most of the content was positive and educational to be sure. Cheers!

Yeah, it seems that some folks can’t be happy unless they are making others unhappy. Hopefully those “people” are long gone, never to return and this place will start picking up. I haven’t had much to offer fishing-wise as I simply haven’t done much fishing but, I try to stay involved. Hope you’ll stick around.

2 Likes

honestly surprised it hasn’t moved to something like a discord channel, or just a facebook group, but there just gotta keep the spam out…

If it goes to FB then I’ll be done.

Me too, for whatever that’s worth.