This weekend

I’m new to surf fishing here in Charleston. Have been out about 10 times since Dec. Best catch was a 30" red drum off Folly back in Dec. Been using finger mullet exclusively. I was thinking of trying live shrimp this weekend around IOP. Based on reading here, that seems to be a sure to way to catch something. Any thoughts/insight on my ‘plan’? I’m learning new stuff each time I get out and it is very addicting. FYI - I’m a life-long fresh-water bass/walleye fisher from the NE. Eager to learn more and become a better surf fisherman.

You might get a little more assistance if you post this in the “surf/pier fishing” area.

Welcome to CF though.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

My mistake, still learning the navigation here.

Thanks for the direction.

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

You might get a little more assistance if you post this in the “surf/pier fishing” area.

Welcome to CF though.

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

Keep on castin’

No worries. Didn’t want you to feel like you were being ignored or no one wanted to give up any info.