Thornley Landing

Has anyone put in at Thornley Forrest landing lately? Someone told me they dredged from the landing to deeper water and I was curious if anyone could verify? I have struggled getting my boat off the trailer there in the past, but would be willing to give it a shot if they have truly made it better.

Haven’t been there in a while or heard about it being dredged, but the lake level is a tad over 75’, so you should have enough water to get in/out even if they didn’t dredge it.

I haven’t been since last Jan. It was over 75 then and I had to back down until my front tires were in the water. My boat sits really high on the trailer, so I was kinda hoping the dredge story was true. Appreciate the response.

Dredged or not you’d still have a problem with the ramp. It’s the angle of the ramp combined with your bunk height that’s the problem. You may consider lowering your bunks next time the boat is off the trailer.

Key West 2300 Bluewater

That’s my exact thoughts. Just gotta find time to do it. Appreciate the reply.

Yes it has been dredged out about 5-6 months ago. Friend of might lives a couple houses down from the landing and said is complete and very nice. He also said he was surprised that very few people is using it, maybe cause not many folks know it is complete and open again.

Kencraft 23T
twin 175f Suzuki’s

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Nice to know it’s been dredged out, it was a shame having a landing that wasn’t usable much of the year.

On a side note, for those who might know…what is going on with the old Atkins Landing property? Haven’t been up that way in quite a while, last time I rode up there it was all fenced off.

Are they going to build a public landing there?