Thought the DC rally would be forgotten in 2 weeks

NOAA Highlights Importance of Recreational Fishing In Two Events
April 23, 2010

After his remarks, President Obama issued a memorandum instructing federal agencies to promote and support outdoor recreation and look for community-based models for conserving natural resources.

“Recreational fishing is good for the nation’s soul and good for the nation’s economy,”
“NOAA is committed to working with the recreational fishing community. And I am here to tell you that NOAA is not only listening, but we are also ready to roll up our sleeves and get to work with you.”
-Dr. Jane Lubchenco, Under Secretary for Oceans and Atmosphere and NOAA administrator

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2010/20100423_recfishing.html

www.JoinRFA.org
Luke 8:22-25

That sounds good but, I just can’t help feeling that it is nothing more than lip service. They’ll stroke us with one hand as the other slips the blade between the ribs.

Umm, you gonna eat that?©

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

I here ya, jstrange. It is amazing what happens in an election year.

Phin,
Thanks for the updates.

Fishb8 (Fish Bait)

23 Sea Hunt “My Last Boat V”

If you can’t stand behind our soldiers, try standing in front of them.

All valid points, but compare this rhetoric to the lack thereof before the rally in D.C. this past February.

I walked into that MPA FAC meeting last week to comment on the record as RFA, and all the governmental officials and committee members knew exactly who and what RFA was. I had their undivided attention…

The rally had a huge impact on people that hardly ever considered their work’s effect on recreational fishermen at all before, trust me.

www.JoinRFA.org

I’m not discrediting the rally. I’m saying because it is an election year, the rally may have had a bigger impact.

Fishb8 (Fish Bait)

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

All valid points, but compare this rhetoric to the lack thereof before the rally in D.C. this past February.

I walked into that MPA FAC meeting last week to comment on the record as RFA, and all the governmental officials and committee members knew exactly who and what RFA was. I had their undivided attention…

The rally had a huge impact on people that hardly ever considered their work’s effect on recreational fishermen at all before, trust me.

www.JoinRFA.org

Very cool. Ima keeping my head up and have high hopes!

Umm, you gonna eat that?©

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

I’m not discrediting the rally. I’m saying because it is an election year, the rally may have had a bigger impact.

Fishb8 (Fish Bait)

In politics,

timing is everything.

www.JoinRFA.org