Thoughts on my recent purchase

Picking up my new nautic star 2102 today. I’d like to know your thoughts on it. It seemed to have as much on it as our budget would allow. Will be installing the simrad go9xse tonight. What is the furthest you would travel out on this craft? Before I go out far I will have radar and radio installed. I appreciate any info be it good or bad.

If your talking about the gulf you can do it but you are really go to have to pick your days. Seas at 1 to 2 or even less. I would fish some nearshore reefs to get a feel on how the boat is going to handle before venturing too far out. Either way make sure you have a ditch bag (flares, handheld VHF, PLP, etc.). Congrats on the new boat and tight lines.

He must Increase,but I must decrease. John 3:30

Was thinking more along the lines of Comanche I need alot more experience before even considering the gulf lol.

C Tackle hit it on the head. Good weather window you can run it all the way out. Plan for the worst then you can worry a lot less. I ran a 18.6’ boat to the 60 many times…sometimes when I shouldn’t have.

Seah Hunt Ultra 234 Yamaha F250
Sea Pro 190CC Yamaha F150 (sold)

thanks guys , I am a full blown rookie trying to learn the right way to keep safe and not put others in harms way. I am loving every second of it weather i catch.or get skunked. what is it they say .a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work

I have the 2102 since the fall and love the boat so far. Just started to head out the near shore reefs as I was waiting to get some decent conditions to see how it handles. So far it has been great. I have to say, every time I see great conditions during the week it is difficult to stay focused on work and not get out there. This boat may cost me my job someday :slight_smile:

Lewelew, I would be happy to have you buddy boat with me to the 60. We do well on fish out there and it’s a good way to get comfortable with your boat. By the way, this is Jeremiah so you know for future posts. Haven’t fished with you since I slayed the fish in front of you and your buddy haha.

2014 Pioneer 197 Sportfish

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

Lol sup brother. You know what gear we have, what do you suggest we get
For out there?

At the 60, I typically use a 6 or 8000 series reel(spinning) paired with a Trevala jigging rod. We were using hogy soft baits(look like eels) and had those with a large heavy jig head. Caught a couple cobia. Then we would drift over the reefs and drop down live finger mullet and greenies and caught a couple groupers and a really nice flounder. Also threw some topwater plugs and messed with AJ’s. I’m excited to try fishing there with my new Minn Kota with spotlock.

2014 Pioneer 197 Sportfish

2012 Malibu Stealth 12 Kayak

“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles”

All of the above plus.

Make sure you figure out your fuel consumption.
Radar not required
VHF is