Thoughts

Been looking at a Ruger LCP .380. What kind of ammo are you guys using in this gun? That’s assuming some of you may have one.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

I have one good gun for what it is, ammo won’t be an issue it eats whatever I feed it and is very reliable. The trigger is awful as are the sights and as you can imagine it’s pretty peppy in the hand because of its size. I carry it a lot in the summer in a pocket holster, it’s great gun for hot weather.

I’ve put a lot of TulAmmo through my Ruger LCP .380…great to carry, but don’t try to hit anything consistently outside of 50’… :))

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Glock 42 or 43. My wife has the 42, not a bad little gun at all.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I have been wanting a LCP for sometime. My LC9 is a bit heavy for my pocket in the summertime. I think I would prefer the LCP custom, though. It has an upgraded trigger and doesn’t cost that much more. Don’t own one but have handled them at shows and stores. It feels better than the standard LCP.

Or there is the LCP II. About $100 more.

j

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

I’ve put a lot of TulAmmo through my Ruger LCP .380…great to carry, but don’t try to hit anything consistently outside of 50’ 50"… :))

Fixed that for ya :smiley: my family couldn’t break a clay pigeon laying at their feet with mine. Gen II does have better sights and trigger though.

I keep a personal defense round in the pipe and a stack of round ball behind it, not risking a hollow point FTF when SHTF

quote:
Originally posted by barbawang
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

I’ve put a lot of TulAmmo through my Ruger LCP .380…great to carry, but don’t try to hit anything consistently outside of 50’ 50"… :))

Fixed that for ya :smiley:

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

yea, I was trying to give the gun a little bit of credit!

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/lodge/best-self-defense-ammo/

Golden Saber and Hornady XTP has always been my go to defense ammo regardless of the gun. Looks like that test backs it up for the .380.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I have an LCP and love it for EDC. Anyone worrying about poor sights isn’t using it for self-defense. If you are shooting at someone more than 25’ or so away, self-defense becomes questionable. I can hit a paper plate all day long at 15 yards. Been shooting Fiochi for target practice but carry with Federal Hydra-Shok Low recoil. I have an IWB holster and a Sticky holster depending upon what I am wearing.

The LCP II is nice but having shot both, not worth another $100 to me. The LCP can be had at PSA for $169.00 at times. That is a heck of a deal.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

check out Swap Shop. There is a LCP 380 far sale.

j