Tigress 5/29/11 - life under a weed mat

Me and Circle Hook got all kinds of circle hooks rigged up for all sorts and sizes of fish and then headed out at 5:30AM. Passed a few boats that appeared to be in some manner of discomfort running straight into some 2x4 seas. My bote runs faster in the stuff. Every now and then came a 3+ footer though, so we had to make due at 23 knots for the yamaha’s lower unit’s sake. After all, we were not tournament fishing, right?

Decided to make a stop to take care of some personal business, and we happened to stop just perfectly over some ellusive, highly sought after, many-named fish. What are we calling these things this year?

30 minutes later, it had become boring, :stuck_out_tongue: but the boat looked like this:

Tried to just ease a few more miles to where some groupers could be, but got stopped again. Maybe we can play with the highly sought after fish some more. Everyone on the VHF seemed to be doing the same.

Why not?

Whoops. We did it again.

Let’s challenge o

Nice haul and great pics!

WELL DONE!

Get bloody or go home :slight_smile:

Rates can’t stay at historic lows forever. Now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you or anyone you know may be thinking about home financing please have them contact me! </font id=“blue”>

Your Preferred Mortgage Banker,

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

Very nice Wes and crew! Great pics of under the sargassum patch!

Russ B. Formerly known here as “Top2Bottom1”
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Looks awesome Wes. Glad to see you guys has such a successful day.

Phin, how deep were you when you found that island of weeds and the many named fish?

Mark
Mako 262 Twin Yammaha F200s
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

GREAT REPORT! Fun to read as well!

31 Contender
Carolina Skiff J16

Crazyyyyy pictures congrats on the day!

-Wishes Charlotte was 3 hours closer to the ocean…-

Internet weight 32 pounds.

Real weight 25 pounds.

:smiley:

There was some very hot water in shallow. Lots of slingers and P nuts there.

Went past the break to about 35 fathoms down south and found a huge rip with a bend in it making the thickest weed mat you see above. shaped as a pocket. 3.5 degree temp break with all the fish in the cool blue water. We caught what we saw within 50ft of the surface (water was that clear) except for one big bull that followed the others and watched each of them get caught. :face_with_head_bandage: Saw plenty more life below the weeds on the sonar. Some other boats were working within 2 miles of me. I’m sure this thing went on for a long distance… The big tides had LOTS of rips and upwellings all over the place out there, and they should still be out there now.

www.scmarine.org

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

Awesome Phin…Really Cool!!

06 200 Bay Scout 150 Yam

Circle hook is always good for the big gags. The man has the touch!

When referring to the pelagics be careful with such comments as “it had become boring”. The fishing gods will show you boring my friend. Don’t tempt them. :wink:

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

nice mixed bag, good eats…
the pics are over the top.

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.” Ben Franklin

19?? 15’ pirated boat
2004 yamaha 25

Glad you were able to break from from all that stress and enjoy yourself. Thanks for sharing as always and great pics!

“The problem that infuriates you the most is the one you are meant to solve.”

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome fish as usual Phin. Thats a sweet grouper

Amazing report!

Insert Funny Line Here

I love a good mixed bag of goodies.
One day, I hope to do such things. I better get busy before I’m/we are not allowed.

Umm, you gonna eat that?

Thousands have died to save my freedom. Only one has died to save my soul!

Sweet take home!

http://reeldawgs.blogspot.com/

Good Stuff! Great Pics!

Thanks for sharing! Havent been out deep in a while. Its nice to see your success!:sunglasses: