Time to Re-power!

Carl and Gator at Hydro-Craf have done a great job replacing the decking, putting in new fuel lines, and restoring the console on my 96 SeaPro 180 CC. Now it is time to take the boat anchor (otherwise known as a Johnson 112VR) off of the SeaPro and replace it with something new. I am leaning strongly towards a Yamaha 115 (that’s the limit for the hull). I talked to Hanckel yesterday and they quoted me. I still need to have a conversation with Seel’s. I know they are both reputable companies, but does anyone know of a company that is likely to beat their prices by a significant amount? I am not willing to haul the boat to Florida to save a $1,000, but I might go to Columbia, Georgetown, Hilton Head, or Myrtle Beach to save some money. That said, I like the comfort level of a local dealer. Just curious, because Yamaha’s promotion ends on March 31 and I have to make a move soon.

Are you sold on Yamaha? I have several friends here in Edisto (one is a fishing guide) that changed over to Suzuki and they love them.

Call Mikes Automotive, Hwy 378 in Leesville 803-532-9500

he does more boat work that autos, can get Yamis and install them, he’s done maintenance on mine and did a 115 HP repower for a neighbor a couple months ago

I am not married to the Yamaha. About 75% of the outboards I see out there are powered by Yamaha, but I hear good things about the Suzuki 140, which will work on the SeaPro 180. I probably should talk to a Suzuki dealer and get some pricing.

I’ll contact him. Thanks.