Tire recommendations

Looking to buy new tires for my 2004 Silverado z71 -265/70r/17- I’ve been running BF Goodrich rugged terrains which came on the truck but I can’t seem to find them anywhere, everyone tells me they are discountiued. So basically I’m looking for something that has a mud tire look but also rides nice on the highway. I would like to stay around $500

I’m looking at Mickey Thompson’s for $110 a piece but am hesitant -I can’t find any reviews

17’ Mako

Mickey Thompson’s suck. They look cool, buy you’ll be replacing them very soon and you’ll absolutely hate the ride.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

Mickey Thompson’s suck. They look cool, buy you’ll be replacing them very soon and you’ll absolutely hate the ride.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Do you know which model you had?

17’ Mako

I have the nitto terra grappler G2s on my silverado, love em.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

You still driving the black truck?

Nitto Ridge Grappler.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by Screamingdrag
quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Do you know which model you had?

17’ Mako

I can’t remember the model, but they were an at tire. At the time they were about $300 a piece for a set of 35x14.50x15’s that I had on a 85 K5 blazer. They came with a set of 15x12 ultra classic rims and they rode like shat. Never could balance them. Replaced them with bfg mud terrains a year later when they wore out and those MT,s lasted me 5 years.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

Polly… how you get a chevy out of a king ranch?

quote:

I got 60k out of a set on a RAM 2500 CTD. Good tires but load up and don’t clean out well in any kind of mud. The Ridge Grappler is aggressive without being a mud tire.

Got Michelin AT2 on the new F250, forgot how well they rode.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

Polly… how you get a chevy out of a king ranch?

How do you get a King ranch out of a Harley Davidson?

2010 17’ JVX Carolina Skiff 40 Yamaha tiller

2002 14’ Alumacraft 30 Yamaha tiller

Try Discount Tire for the BFG. BFG is made by Michelin so I don’t think that they are discontinued. I never liked the way they wore on my dually so I switched to the Firestone transport, it wore even

BFG All-Terrain and Nitto All-Terrain (Grappler, is one I believe) are decent tires if you want something with a moderately aggressive look but still a decent ride. If you want more aggressive (more noise, less mpg, etc) than go with a Mud-Terrain version from with BFG or Nitto. If you want to go in the other direction go with an All-Terrain from others - Michelin, Good Year. I was pleased with a set of the Good Year Wrangler A/T Kevlar that I went through. Make sure you’re also looking at load capacity, speed rating, etc. Some of the M/T and A/T tires give up performance on load, speed, etc. so be aware of that. I’ve been very pleased with Discount Tire - great service and pricing.