Tire Size???

After 6 years and nearly 60,000 miles, it looks like I will be needing some tires for my Tundra. The sad part is they still have a lot of tread on them but, 6+ year old tires are destined to fail.

They are Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country tires and they have been great.

In looking at tires, my truck is listed as having either 245’s or 265’s. I have always run 245’s. Is there any benefit to running 265’s?

265’s are 20mm wider than the 245’s and should be a fraction taller also. Gas mileage will be worse with the bigger tire, but unless you’re going to buy a mud tire, then you won’t get any real benefit from a larger tire.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

^The look will be significantly different. But everything above is 100% correct!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

The max is the min.

Always go bigger on truck tires…always.

What you will sacrifice in fuel mileage you’ll gain in traction. Unless you drive like you’re going to a fire, you’ll probably notice neither.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

The max is the min.

Always go bigger on truck tires…always.

YEP!

Good info, thanks guys.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

wider tires hydro plane easier, bigger is not necessarily better traction

it all about truck weight and tire surface area

you may want to check on tires for commercial trucks, my son used to run a commercial tire on a small SUV, those things lasted over 100K miles, designed for more weight and had a 60 psi rating, probably plenty of pros and cons to this

Pioneer 197SF