Too rough for the jetties Saturday?

Looks like its gonna be windy no matter where i go this weekend, so I’m considering pulling the boat down to charleston this weekend and chasing some reds. Am I going to get beat to death at the jetties Saturday? Trying to decide if its worth the 3 hour drive down. Any input is appreciated!

15 to 20 out of the NE is pretty rough jetty weather.

Yes. Saturday will be snotty. Sunday will be better.

www.baturinphotography.com

NE makes for some muddy water in the creeks and rivers as well. Time to watch football.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

are you telling him to pick sunday?

Jetties were fine for me on Wednesday in the nasty weather, little sloppy but very fishable. finding bait will the toughest part of thetrip I think

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

are you telling him to pick sunday?

Jetties were fine for me on Wednesday in the nasty weather, little sloppy but very fishable. finding bait will the toughest part of thetrip I think

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

You know the drill. If someone is inexperienced enough to be asking about the weather, always err on the side of caution.

Not many people have your experience boating in Charleston weather Capt.

weatherman miissed today, was supposed to be howling and the harbor was real nice.

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

Out of curiosity, where are you finding the wind forecasts? I’ve been using the weather channel app and it doesn’t show strong winds for this weekend.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Malibu Stealth 12 with Lowrance Mark 4 Fishfinder/GPS
Perception Access Angler

This has been the best forecasting site that I have come across:

http://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.php?lat=32.708767&lon=-79.95284509999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Charleston%2C%20SC%2029412%2C%20USA#.UkXdthb43zI

Note: The link might direct you towards Folly.

NOAA. Harbor forecast

TONIGHT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT…INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT LATE.
WAVES BUILDING TO 1 TO 2 FT.

SAT
NE WINDS 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2
FT…HIGHEST NEAR THE HARBOR ENTRANCE.

www.iopweather.com

link on left hand side of page for marine forecast

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

that’s a pretty sweet site!

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

thanks

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Malibu Stealth 12 with Lowrance Mark 4 Fishfinder/GPS
Perception Access Angler

Accuweather.com is an easy to use site.

><>

looks pretty nice out there right now

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

quote:

weatherman miissed today, was supposed to be howling and the harbor was real nice.

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

Harbor might have been nice, but I was fishing up by Breach inlet and the winds were howling!

Generally speaking when there is a small craft advisory I stay out of the Jetties - I can do it, but choose not to. Small craft warning is in effect till tonight.

social media was blowing up all weekend with big redfish. IT may not have been flat calm but it was most certainly fishable

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

quote:

social media was blowing up all weekend with big redfish. IT may not have been flat calm but it was most certainly fishable

I was out in the harbor last night shrimping after the wind died down… It was unbelievably calm. 2 boats passed us in about 3-4 hours. Not a wave, the harbor looked like a lake… Beautiful night… If only the darn shrimp would cooperate!