Toothy creature in the yak

Seriously thanks for the kind words and praise. Makes the experience even better and last

That is really FREAKIN’ cool That is so awesome!!! Hats off to you man!!!

“TO FISH OR NOT TO FISH, WHAT A STUPID QUESTION”
HEADSTRONG:imp:

nice fish!

green grass and high tides forever
jhp----- Murrells Inlet

quote:
Originally posted by Da Moons

best post on here in a while well done ill drink a beer to that , were tryin sat

That was so exciting Da Moons lost his accent. :smiley:

Congrats on an awesome experience, and thanks for sharing it so well.

Tidewater 196DC
Yamaha F115

Pungo 120

Kayak - $800
King Rig - $5
New short gaff - $20

Kid willing to fight a 30# King in kayak - PRICELESS

What an awesome story and an equally awesome fish. Thanks for a great post. Makes me more confident as a beginner that I can do this too . . . . . from my boat.

2003 Sea Pro 220
“Reelly Blessed”</font id=“blue”>
2001 Yamaha 250 OX66

Hadrells puts up there pic on website

http://www.haddrellspoint.com/reports-and-events.html

SC Sportsmen gets in touch

Eric,

Congratulations! Good Job!

I have forwarded your story to the editor of SC Sportsman. Hopefully he will assign the story to me, but he should assign someone to follow up with you and you should hear from someone with SCS soon.

Jerry Dilsaver

captjerry@******
www.captjerry.com
Ph & Fax: 910-********

Great Job.
Have yet to target a King but might need to give it a try now. The Pcola kayak tournament has a off shore division and a lot of those guys fish for kings all the time, but I do believe that’s about the biggest king I’ve ever seen caught in from a yak.

There are a couple of different yaks that are stable enough to stand in and use a cast net. Hate to sound like a commercial but if anyone is intrested take a look at the Hobie Pro Angler or send me a PM.

Again Great Job.

Hobie Pro Angler
Hobie Revo
Hobie Outback

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet air intakes

Way to go. I tried the jetties twice last year but with no luck. I used bait from a buddy’s near by boat and ended both days exhausted. Congrats!!!

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak
</font id=“size2”>
24’ Wellcraft
</font id=“size2”>

THAT’S IT… I quit…

Way to go man!

B.G.

Absolutely amazing…

Nice Fish!

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

Epic story. That may be the world record king from a kayak.

Congrats!!

Awesome fish, awesome storytelling, I too felt right there in that yak, even shaking at the thought of a king coming in a yak with me. Unlike the others, I am not surprised, because slow speed is what boats don’t have enough of for good king fishing, too fast with the motor, and too fast with the drift. That 8-9 inch pogie meant “big bait, big fish” also. Congrats on having the kahunas to attempt such a feat, and the patience with the yak; best stiry in a while on the site. Look forward to that article in SC Sportsman…tight lines, man

“The big one’s still swimming, let’s go.”

Great Yak catch right there. That must have been a good redneck sleigh ride right there.

Thats awesome and was a good read…Now we are going to start seeing others out there trying this.

I was tarpon fishing the beginning of last week after work in the evening and decided to call it a day and was cruising by sullivans looking for bait to net for chum for the next trip and not even 10 ft from the boat about a 35+lb king sky rockets on some menhaden. I know the bigger ones are always in close this time of the year, within 2 miles or less of the jetties and inside them and just off the beach, but this fella was not far off of the rocks off of sullivans in the harbor.

Sails Pitch
196 CC Sea Pro
150HP Yamaha
“Get Hooked On The Sails Pitch”
[img=left]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/TripleTail/Picture4.gif[/img=left]

Congrats on the King! Thanks for sharing your story. :smiley:

PierGirl AKA Surf Chick

Friggen AWESOME…

From one Big fish Kayak Angler to another, Congrats. (Personal best is a roughly 50 lb Dusky Shark a couple months ago…)

You should log onto LaJolla Kayak Fishing website and enter that on the World Record Kayak Fish forum for King Mackerel…

Another forum you should post this pic on is Kayakfishingstuff.com.

There is a guy on KFS that is sponsored to fish Kingfish Tourneys from a Kayak (Punisher)… He would be impressed.

Welcome to the Big Fish from Small Boats club… You did the sport proud.

YotF

Those who can’t fish, spend too much on seafood!

Great story and fish. Thanks for sharing.

S 34
507 sq. ft.

Great story eric. You gotta teach me how to do that

Reel-Boy
180 Sea Pro
Still thinking of quote

Fisherman everywhere should bow down. You have inspired me to do something similar. next trip to charleston 60 i’m taking the yak. Can’t take your glory, you did it without a mother ship. An inspiration. one hell of a job. I have a new hero!

20’ mako
200 'rude
“CHASIN TAILS 2”