Topwater still going

This is a killer for me. Let it sink deep over and around structure. Twitch it, 2 second pause, twitch it. Slow retrieve right now all the way back to you.

Find structure 7-10 feet deep with moving water, they’re around. That works for me.

2 Likes

@23sailfish i think I have that mirror lure, different color. Tying it on in the AM. Was looking at getting a suspended Yo Zuri too
@barbawang i came across a big ol school of reds in shallow, clear water. Kept throwing different Z-man’s at them, nothing. Then a jerk shad, second cast, boom, slot red.

1 Like

Was it scented? When I find schools like that, I try to work the outside edges of them and pull a fish out that way. If you’re lucky, you won’t overly spook the school and get get a few more fish out of it.

I once knew a captain that would catch one, connect a 10’ line with bobber and release it back to the school, then they’d follow the bobber all day.

3 Likes

Beautiful fish. That hat…

@23sailfish slam shady that started its career scented, but long since rinsed/fished off I believe

Well fellas, any use fishing these next few, warmer days?

The reds will be bunched up, I can tell you that much. I like looking for them on a low tide this time of year. Tomorrow’s tide would be tough for me.

If you can find the trout, they should be deeper and willing to bite, but it’ll have to be a slooow lazy retrieve. The cold certainly didn’t kill them all.

1 Like

Do I need to use live/cut bait or would artificials work? Gonna be in the 60’s!