Topwater still going

It’s slowing, but I still got five strikes tonight. All small fish, but they were acrobatic tonight.

It seems they prefer twitch twitch 2 sec pause, twitch twitch 3 sec pause. Dang lazy fish.

Topwater is my second fav behind OTF.

2 Likes

Thats what im talking about! I tied back both a whopper plopper and super spook jr today after reel cleanings! I knew it wasnt falst hope

Whopper plopper!

A buddy got a 30”ish red on a red and white spook earlier this afternoon too, they are chewing because winter IS actually right around the corner this time!

1 Like

Might be a little too fast for right now, but we shall see…

1 Like

The bigger reds are coming on the subsurface stuff. Suspending baits. Lazy deep twitching.

Not as many bites, but the ones you get are quality fish.

2 Likes

Good to see. That top water action is fun when the fish are aggressive. Looks like we’re in for some pretty cold weather coming soon. That ought to slow things down a bit.

Be time for some trolling! Hoping to hit up the Beaufort area after Christmas!

I agree I think it’s going to be pretty nasty this winter.
My trees have a ton of acorns. And all the squirrels around my house are super fluffy.

Top Waters a blast but I suck at it !!!

weather guessers calling for a nasty cold front to clear the area a week from now and put charleston in the 20’s for a couple nights, that’s gonna shut things down for a while

Yeah, never seen so many acorns off my oaks before. The deer come every night to binge.

I had a few trout on top last weekend near the harbor. A friend caught a few nice trout on top just at sunset in the Wando. Still happening!

2 Likes

Opti looks more and more like a guy that should have his own tv show. I’d watch it.

1 Like

TV shows are not for introverts

1 Like

I don’t know… Your tic toc video didn’t look like you were too shy.

Nice report and I’m always interested in Trout catching.

2 Likes

I hear ya brother

Outside of topwaters, Y’all using artificials or live bait?

speaking for others here because i can’t really catch trout once the water is in the 50’s.

cold water slow presentation baits:

ned rigged zman slim swimz

mirrodine

small jerk bait weedless rigged on texas eye

and for the win…

live shrimp or mudminnows

The mud minnows work best for me. I hook them in the tail and the wiggle more