total re-wire of instrument panel?

I am considering pulling out all of my switches, wires, etc. in my center console and rewiring with new switches, wires, and etc. The wires are and all of my connnections are severely corroded and I always have some kind of a wacky intermittent power issue with components. I have replaced the ground wires and the main power wires, but all of the switches and connections are just corroded like hell.

Does anybody (electrical contractors) have any idea what this may cost? I am sure it needs to be looked at, but I am curious if I am talking about $500, $1,000, or $2,000

i did this recently to my 2000 Sea Pro and spent about $2k including all the wire, switches, fuses, bilge pumps, and also moved my battery up to the center console.
If you just rewire, it will probably cost you between 500 and 1000 if you do it yourself. I’d recommend it, as you will learn all you need to know about your boats electronics if you do. Assuming you don’t already - I didn’t :slight_smile:
Use dielectric grease and good heat seal crimp fittings on everything and you should be good for another 10 yrs!

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com | www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com

same here…had my 2002 sea pro re-wired by a local shop for around $1300. They did a great job, better than original.

Hey Optiker,

I’m considering doing this and also putting in a new set instruments (since most don’t work or wires are disconnected). I’ll probably also install in a new black acrylic dash. My biggest challenge is both knowing what my options are for instruments and finding a wiring diagram that shows what harness is what and what wires from each harness actually connect to the appropriate instrument.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find this information?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

23Sailfish in 3,2,1…

23S had his done locally, and it looks awesome. there is a thread on here somewhere with pictures of their work and the attention to detail.

He can tell you more, but in the meantime…

+1 on EF1 response!

New Wire Marine in North Charleston did mine and I installed them. Take pictures and dimensions to them or carry the boat over there. I’m really pleased with their work.

Click on “Panel Projects” for some ideas. We want to see the before and after photos!