Tough Action

Fished up at Murrells Inlet for a couple of days and only found a few short flattys, a short seabass and a spotted stingray that had no tail. The place was nice and fortunatly for us the food and company were top notch. The rain was spotty Thursday and Fri and the wind literally never stopped, ever. Sat was the nicest and we even saw some sun, it didn’t help the fishing much though. Apparently that place is the gathering center for 12in flounder:sunglasses:. Relaxing on the porch and watching the marsh from the dock for a few days was the perfect reset.

Back to regular scheduled programming. Guess I have a bathroom to finish some demo on this week too… great :laughing:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Anyone know what type of bird eggs those are? The Ospreys out there were putting on a show too. My camera isn’t good enough for those pics.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

I was there in MI too while you were there… I was on the peninsula ocean front near Marlin Quay…

Yep, MI once had lots of BIG floundah, but the giggers ruined it… Try being there during the fall spot run… Interesting flotilla of small jon boats with duck tape stopping the leaks…

If you haven’t tried it yet… The Hot Fish Club has good food…

RBF

First post on the updated forum software…

So our guys in MI / Pawleys are telling me the flounder fishing is the best its been in many years. I am speculating that its because of the NC rec restrictions. They only have a very shortened keeper season up there that is really bad for rec anglers. But, on the plus side it may be resulting in much improved abundance. I think we all would like to see that - as long as we are able to fish for them!

Welcome back Opt… Looking forward to some reports from you soon!

So it’s safe to say the regulations are helping. They are certainly on the rebound with the amount of shorts everywhere up there. I can dig it.:+1:

Glad to hear about the flounder. Caught 3 in the cooper last trip. Flounder seem to be my unicorn, so I was happy to see them.