Tournament proposal

At the last meeting I made a proposal about our tournament schedule. It was to have two tournaments in two months and skip June and August. Could be one month in the spring and one later in the year. That would keep us from having long drives and long days in the heat of the two summer points months. I have received a lot of positive ■■■■■■■■ on the proposal and would like to get some discussion going here.

Joby

Or maybe shorten and have one or two of the tournaments on Murray from 6:00 to 10:00 or 11:00. The recent spoons only tournament was a lot of fun even if we didn’t win.

Joby, I like things the way they are. Good or bad, I enjoy going to the Hill in June and August and will do so regardless. We’ve watered things down enough in MSC in my opinion. Are we Midlands Striper Club or Lake Murray Striper Club? No disrespect intended, but the nature of our game is to fish anywhere/anytime. That is the benchmark of quality when determining champions and placement.

James “Captain Fog” Lindler
Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22
F150 4 Stroke Yammy Jammer

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Joby, I like things the way they are. Good or bad, I enjoy going to the Hill in June and August and will do so regardless. We’ve watered things down enough in MSC in my opinion. Are we Midlands Striper Club or Lake Murray Striper Club? No disrespect intended, but the nature of our game is to fish anywhere/anytime. That is the benchmark of quality when determining champions and placement.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

Wasnt aware that clarks hill or any other lake was in the “midlands”…LMSC sounds fine by me… :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Not that my opinion matters…lol…member of the club but i dont fish but 1-3 events a year…

Only negative of taking the hill away is building potential bonds with the CHSC. I know yall did a little this year with them and who knows that may grow into something more.

But at the same time I completely see an arguement for not wanting to go to the hill (especially in the summer). Long hot day for a “fun” tx doesnt sound fun.Not to menton extra costs etc…And now with the recent sewage spill into the lake it doesnt sound inviting at all…

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

I do see the potential for big things in bonding with CHSC and even the Striper Kings in the upstate. If we want our sport to grow to the level of the green fish or walleye tours, we don’t need to be scaling back.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

We always say we are a family fishing club, not a competition club. To a degree I think that ship has sailed in recent years.

There are a lot of people who fish in our club who want to enjoy the fellowship of the tournaments but do not want to go to the expense and effort of out of town events. For me I got up at 2AM for the last tournament and we still did not get on the water on time. There is also a safety concern with such long days and the summer heat. These are the points that members have brought up to me since I made the proposal.

Joby

Yet there are folks who drive from all corners of our state to fish tournaments wherever they are. I think our club is a good blend of competition and family friendliness as it is. This discussion should moved to the MSC forum on Charleston Fishing to give those who don’t visit this forum a chance to chime in.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

James, I have it posted on the club forum, newer site, and here on the Charleston fishing forum. The best place for discussion would be at a meeting and at the PAC, in my opinion.

Joby

10-4 buddy. We might disagree, but I have nothing but respect for you. Either way, it’s not a deal breaker for me. At worst, I would join other clubs to fish tournaments when we’re not doing so. However, MSC will be #1 in my club priorities.

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

I get it James. This is not deal breaker for me either. If this is the biggest thing I have to worry about life is pretty good. I have an opinion but we all do. Our politicians could go long way by having disagreements like we do. At the end of the day the club will make a decision. Some we agree with and some to as we don’t. Kind of like the rest of life.

Joby

quote:
Originally posted by Murrymaker
quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22

Wasnt aware that clarks hill or any other lake was in the “midlands”…LMSC sounds fine by me… :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Not that my opinion matters…lol…member of the club but i dont fish but 1-3 events a year…

Only negative of taking the hill away is building potential bonds with the CHSC. I know yall did a little this year with them and who knows that may grow into something more.

But at the same time I completely see an arguement for not wanting to go to the hill (especially in the summer). Long hot day for a “fun” tx doesnt sound fun.Not to menton extra costs etc…And now with the recent sewage spill into the lake it doesnt sound inviting at all…

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
140 Suzuki

True enough Chip. I guess the Hill is CSRA. To keep things in the Midlands we could do Greenwood, Wateree, or the Congaree River in season. I’ve had some decent days on Greenwood. Most of the fish over there are 16-22 inches with an occasional 5-10 pounder. However, I have read spor