Trailer bunks

I bought a trailer but the bunks are 6 in’s short of the transom of the boat. I found replacement bunks (3w x 8h x 10l) for $107 on the web but the distributor wants $200 just to ship them. I called a couple of local marinas/distributors and they also don’t stock the bunks and would have to order them. I am contemplating making my own but have found very mixed suggestions on the web. I may be overthinking this but some of the suggestions online are pretty scary. Can anyone share their experience on making bunks or share some do’s and dont’s? It is for a 23’ grady Gulfstream.

CALL SONNY AT IRON KNIGHT TRAILER

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.bombislandboats.com
IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

I searched all over Charleston and finally ended up going direct to a sawmill west of Orangeburg to get cypress bunks cut. 3" x 11" X 126" bunk was $75 each. I wanted cypress, if that’s what you are looking for PM me and I’ll give you his #.

Thanks for the responses.

I spoke with iron night and think I’m going to persue making them myself.

Jgb3, thanks for the offer. I live in the hiltonhead area so it would be quite a way for me to get up to Orangeburg.

Charleston Trailer off Dorchester Road uses aluminum bunks with rubber tops. They might have the length you need.