Tree in middle of road

So I have a new to me 35’ Wellcraft Scarab. Neighbor 3 doors down who is never there has a tree with branches that is impeding me traveling on the road without hitting Tee Top. I don’t see how UPS, Fed Ex, and other trucks get through there either. Thinking about carrying the chain saw, and taking care of the problem myself. Thoughts??

Call DOT, they will be the ones to come take care of it.

I think code is 18’ over roads and 13’ over driveways for all electrical/phone/cable… at least that what it was years back, not 100% sure on trees… make some calls to the city or county, they should come take care of it, or DIY!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

You should call a lawyer prior to cranking the chain saw. It will cost lots more if you call after the cut!

Them new battery operated chainsaws are pretty quiet. They work well enough for a midnight limbing job…

I trim limbs all the time on Steamboat road on Edisto from the fly bridge of my boat. the muskidne vines get the limbs heaver as the summer goes on I carry a large limb trimmer and battery chain saw.

I second the call scdot suggestion.Only boatpoor can get away with doing crazy stuff like that.haha

If you’re City of. Chas they will send letters to the owner asking them to trim them. Has not worked great for me.

I’m not letting my boat get beat to hell waiting on the county, state, etc. As mentioned. The owner is never there. Its a few limbs and I’m going to take care of it at 11 PM

A common question asked of our lawyers in Charleston is whether a person has the right to cut a neighbor’s tree branches that hang over their property line. Although this question seems simple, the answer isn’t because South Carolina has no law that authorizes you to cut your neighbor’s overhanging tree limbs. However, there are statutes that may subject you to criminal penalties depending on the circumstances if you cut your neighbor’s trees or branches. This article explains some of the laws on this issue in South Carolina and some tips on dealing with overhanging tree branches and fallen trees.

https://www.charlestonlaw.net/cut-neighbors-tree-limbs/

I’d ask a lawyer, before you have to hire a lawyer…

overhanging the road- cut it and carry off the debris

Cut it, if it is over their property line it does not belong to them. No different if the tree was hung over your property you have the right to cut it back to the line.