Tree removal

I have a couple of trees that I would like to get whacked on my lot since it’s blocking my view. Construction is going on with the new house so I wanted to see what it would cost to remove the trees. The quote that I got back suggested that there was a 12" tree and a 7" tree, and that it would be $2000 to remove them. Does that sound like a reasonable offer? I was expecting something in the $500-$1000 range.

Last year I had 4 Leland cypress that were at least 25-30 ft tall, stumps ground and all of the bushes around the house cut down with stumps ground. The guy charged me $1500 cash no receipt. I live in Charlotte, but I always tell them it will be cash. This guy came down from $1800 for cash.

Hard to say without knowing how close they are to houses, power lines, etc. Size it a big factor but, the degree of caution that must be exercised is a factor as well. I dropped over 20 trees on my lot but had a few that were either too big or near something. I hired a licensed/bonded guy. Had a 20"+ diameter sweet gum 3’ from my pool. He dropped it with no damage to anything for $800. He did 3 others 10-12" for $600 total. They weren’t near anything.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I have a couple of trees that I would like to get whacked on my lot since it’s blocking my view. Construction is going on with the new house so I wanted to see what it would cost to remove the trees. The quote that I got back suggested that there was a 12" tree and a 7" tree, and that it would be $2000 to remove them. Does that sound like a reasonable offer? I was expecting something in the $500-$1000 range.

do you want the stump removed?

Here’s what you need! Gone in sixty seconds!

https://youtu.be/LYKg0gbRFns

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Wow. So THAT is what happened to Jimmy Hoffa! No sense in looking for him now.

j

Hauling can be expensive too. Depending on what type of tree you could have them dropped and then put an ad on craigslist for free firewood and someone will come haul them for free.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

do you want the stump removed?
Yes. Would like to reclaim that part of the yard with some grass.

Call Jason at Skywalker Very reasonable.

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

A-Z tree service 842-452-4521 great prices and quality work…

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

I had one quoted for $1250 that eventually fell, after that it was $850 just to get it off the ground. Probably 30-36" and rotten, few limbs on top. That’s in Greenwood.

BG

Multiple trees are cheaper. It’s the first tree that costs so much. Prices go down per tree after the first one. So if they are coming to cut 2, look around and see if you have a few more that need to come down.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

I got a guy if you are still interested…He’s on a cruise at the moment, though.