Trenching Work Reccomendation?

I need to bury my gutter lines and run them to the ditch in front of my house. This would require two 75ft trenches running down the sides of the home to the ditch and a 40ft section. Anyone know someone that can do this kind of work for a reasonable price? Seems like it would be a straight forward easy job (no trees near by). Trying to avoid digging it with a shovel. But that is what beer is for I guess!

If you’re able, these are as easy to operate,as driving a car …

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1438/0370010/24in-walk-behind-trencher/

Thanks, Poly! I will give it a look. I am in the James Island area just to clarify!

make sure you call 811 before you start

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

If you’re able, these are as easy to operate,as driving a car …

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1438/0370010/24in-walk-behind-trencher/

Hughes rents a ground saw that a lot easier to load/unload than a trencher & does a pretty good job on roots…

If you rent one, make sure it digs a wide enough ditch for you pipe before you leave the place!

I just did this exact thing…hand dug 110 feet, about 12 inches deep the whole way. Connected three downspouts to 4 in sewer pipe to run into a pond. There were some roots, but an axe took care of them. It took a day to dig with lots of breaks. Then a little more digging to get the pitch just right so that the water would drain in the right direction. All that’s left is to back fill. Good luck!!!

I hope your are located in a sandy section of the state not in the red hard stuff if you are gon’a dig it by hand. Installed a new water line by hand at Edisto, would have been quicker with out all the live oak roots, still much better than the clay up here.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

I just did this exact thing…hand dug 110 feet, about 12 inches deep the whole way. Connected three downspouts to 4 in sewer pipe to run into a pond. There were some roots, but an axe took care of them. It took a day to dig with lots of breaks. Then a little more digging to get the pitch just right so that the water would drain in the right direction. All that’s left is to back fill. Good luck!!!

And got a good cardiac workout in the process…and done right.

Ground saw is not wide enough. Rent a track trencher from Sunbelt you can control the depth as you go so you get the right slope. Easier and more precise than a shovel. They have a small trailer to stick it on if you don’t have one. Not cheap but easy.

If you’re doing it by hand, forget the shovel and get a pick mattock which is a pick axe with a flat blade on the back side. You can dig a shallow trench in a big hurry with these.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Caaaassshhh moves my excavators and make the operators happy. I have guys that live all around this area and can be reasonable.

-Regulator 28fs
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield