Trip to take on a bucket list

One day I want to go all coastal areas up past Maine as far as I can then follow the U.S. Canada border all the way to Washington, then up through British Columbia and into Alaska. Back down and follow the pacific coast all the way to Cabo San Lucas and eat some Chocolate Clams. back up to Colorado and then down to New Orleans. Then follow the West coast of florida to the keys and then back home.

If only the little restaurant in N.D. still has all you can eat Walleye. I’d have to do an extensive search for differing food joints and specialties served in different regions.

My only stopping point would be our “Pups”. Too big to take with us and love em too much to leave behind for that long. Don’t ever see ourselves being without a couple as they age and pass on.

DO IT. Life is too short. Gotta start doing some things on my list as well.

Roughly another 6 years. My biggest hold back would be the dogs for that long. Silly things become family. My kids would tend to them, but that’s not fair for either of them. I’m thinking a conservative number of days on a trip like that would be a couple of months stopping frequently and sightseeing.

We’ve pondered flying, renting, driving an area and flying back to repeat in another area.

The wife and I did this last year. East Coast road trip. Our second favorite trip behind Yellowstone. We’ve done Canada before so we stopped at Southern Maine.

Two and a half weeks. Tiresome, but man what an adventure. Vermont in October is incredible. Stayed in a B&B that was Norman Rockwells house on the Battenkill River. Incredible fly fishing there. Looked like a postcard walking around.

1 Like

1 Like

Cool Ricky! When / If I get back up to Maine, I want to see the tide swings in the Bay of Fundy.

We’ve now got three of those 3.0 diesels like yours in the camp. Best one so far has gotten 36mpg with an easy foot and steady running. 24-26 seems a good all around average and it pulls better than the 5.3. Amazing engine so far. Been asking a local service manager on any major issues. They’ve had a few timing gear train issues across the country 100k+, but nothing seen on those sold in this area so far for such a new engine. Unbelievably quiet for a diesel!

I consistently get 26-28 mpg most of the time with no load. Biggest thing I tow is about 10k-11k dump trailer when full. I get between 15-16 mpg pulling that. My previous 5.3L would have been around 10-12 mpg in the same towing. I’m very pleased with this truck.

1 Like

The spousal unit and I plan to do some driving tours when we both finally call it quits. She has never been west of the Mississippi. Looks like a great trip.

The Badlands and Mt. Rushmore are cool.

Maybe rent or buy a small camper and bring pups with you?
Ricky, I’m from western NY and my wife and I got married in Oct near the Adirondacks at peak foliage. Truly beautiful.