Trolling a no wake zone

So has anyone ever trolled a lure while transiting a no wake zone? The no wake zone from Sullivans island connector to IOP marina is so long. I was thinking about throwing out a spoon or shallow diver while driving my way through.

No but that is an awesome idea.

1 Like

That is a good idea!
Fish are where you find them
It’s not a no wake zone but I’ve caught plenty within sight of BP boat landing back when I ran a 9.9 flattop Johnson.

2 Likes

I was fishing a winter Largemouth Tournament, years ago, and the only, legal, fish caught that day was by the wife of another fisherman. The fish wasn’t eligible, but we all got a good laugh out of the circumstance.

She was standing on the boat ramp, at the weigh in site, casting a plastic worm, waiting on the tournament to be over. Bass weighed nearly 9#'s, IIRC.

1 Like

I lost out on a big fish prize in a largemouth tournament a few years back. Another fisherman made “ one last cast ” under a willow tree at the landing and caught a 6 1/2 pound largemouth. Most of his competitors, including me, wouldn’t have considered making that cast! I watched him catch the fish that beat my 6 pounder!!

So what lures would you guys troll?

Hard to beat a Z man electric chicken with a trout eye jig head in gold or red